Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
Post Reply
Klauts
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Klauts » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:14 am

Muff wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Thats hard to compare, different leagues have a different 'pass mark' by those standards.

2000 runs and 100 wickets is a LOT. I don't even have 1 player with 2000 runs or 100 wickets over a very long time.

Those stats would require a lot of bot bashing, and therefore not really reliable stats
It wasnt 2000 runs and 100 it was 2000 runs or 100 wickets

GA-James018
MOD
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:56 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GA-James018 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:50 am

I think Muff got that. Even either 2000 runs or 100 wickets can be a high standard, I suppose depending who you're playing against and what your tactics are.

For the record, I've played FTP from the start. I've had 7 batsmen reach 2,000 youth runs (3 since the youth age was raised to 21) and no one has ever taken 100 wickets. The club record is 95.
Manager of the mighty North Eastern CC.
Australian NAT assistant, Season 42-46.

Muff
Posts: 7904
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 am
Location: Watching you from the window across the street

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Muff » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Klauts wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:14 am
Muff wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Thats hard to compare, different leagues have a different 'pass mark' by those standards.

2000 runs and 100 wickets is a LOT. I don't even have 1 player with 2000 runs or 100 wickets over a very long time.

Those stats would require a lot of bot bashing, and therefore not really reliable stats
It wasnt 2000 runs and 100 it was 2000 runs or 100 wickets
I'm not saying both either. Using stats as a guide is fools gold as the strength of opposition will fluctuate through the grades.

As crow mentioned look at players skills to judge players

I've played since the start as well and the highest I have is 2 batsman close at 1990 runs and 1975 runs, and one bowler close with 94 wickets. Generally I play in the top grades so I don't have regular bots to bolster those numbers
Image Realism Ravens - PokeMod Champion
Pavilion Cup Champions Season 17
NZ SOD 1.1 Seasons 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 21 & 22 NZ T20 1.1 Seasons 3, 10 & 19 NZ YOD 1.1 Seasons 20, 22, 43, 46 & 48 NZ YT20 1.1 Season 49

RonnieG
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by RonnieG » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:55 pm

My best youth was 1700 runs but I reckon he would have beaten that easily as he scored 1300 youth International runs.
Scotland Manager.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 23034
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:02 am

I have one over 3000
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Cynic
Posts: 55826
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Taking bets for my next forum ragequit

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Cynic » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:57 am

I'm 36 runs short. Ugh.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Klauts
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Klauts » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:53 am

None of mine count as most are bot bashes

dwapar
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 am

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by dwapar » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:49 am

Uneven Pitch
Which bowler should I prefer : finger Spinner or medium bowler ?

Madcarrot
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:04 am

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Madcarrot » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:38 am

If they are the same ability then medium bowler gets a small bonus so go with them.

But factor in weather and also bonus for using different types of bowlers too.

Plaatkoek
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:45 am

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Plaatkoek » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:41 am

dwapar wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:49 am
Uneven Pitch
Which bowler should I prefer : finger Spinner or medium bowler ?
If the other bowlers in the squad are fast & fast mediums, I would pick the finger spinner as a holding role (defensive) and go more aggressive with the fast bowlers.
That way you get a change in bowling and apply run rate pressure.

Muff
Posts: 7904
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 am
Location: Watching you from the window across the street

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Muff » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:50 pm

Plaatkoek wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:41 am
dwapar wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:49 am
Uneven Pitch
Which bowler should I prefer : finger Spinner or medium bowler ?
If the other bowlers in the squad are fast & fast mediums, I would pick the finger spinner as a holding role (defensive) and go more aggressive with the fast bowlers.
That way you get a change in bowling and apply run rate pressure.
You can do the same with a medium, but the medium gets a bonus from the uneven pitch
Image Realism Ravens - PokeMod Champion
Pavilion Cup Champions Season 17
NZ SOD 1.1 Seasons 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 21 & 22 NZ T20 1.1 Seasons 3, 10 & 19 NZ YOD 1.1 Seasons 20, 22, 43, 46 & 48 NZ YT20 1.1 Season 49

howie111
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by howie111 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:25 am

Why are there minimum wages applied to both the senior and junior teams ? My 'actual' senior wages are around half of what I'm being charged every week which seems a bit unfair.

ZombieRox
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by ZombieRox » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm

howie111 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:25 am
Why are there minimum wages applied to both the senior and junior teams ? My 'actual' senior wages are around half of what I'm being charged every week which seems a bit unfair.
I am under the impression that Management doesn't want us to hoarde too much money (season after season) by just sitting and doing basically nothing .... so after 100 days , that rule gets implemented.

Personally I didn't like the idea when it was implemented on my Affiliate haha ( as game is basically forcing me against my will ) but its actually a good rule and preventing most accounts (specially Affiliates) building war chests .... its good for the game


cheers
If it’s difficult, I will do it now. If it’s impossible, I will do it presently.”– Don Bradman

Freddy
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:03 pm

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by Freddy » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:53 pm

Muff wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 pm
Klauts wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:14 am
Muff wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Thats hard to compare, different leagues have a different 'pass mark' by those standards.

2000 runs and 100 wickets is a LOT. I don't even have 1 player with 2000 runs or 100 wickets over a very long time.

Those stats would require a lot of bot bashing, and therefore not really reliable stats
It wasnt 2000 runs and 100 it was 2000 runs or 100 wickets
I'm not saying both either. Using stats as a guide is fools gold as the strength of opposition will fluctuate through the grades.

As crow mentioned look at players skills to judge players

I've played since the start as well and the highest I have is 2 batsman close at 1990 runs and 1975 runs, and one bowler close with 94 wickets. Generally I play in the top grades so I don't have regular bots to bolster those numbers
I have a 16yo with 500 run from 5 games, but all bots
player 2433364

casperj
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by casperj » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:49 am

When will the compensation money be paid for this week's Nat tour?
If I sell a player who played in the tour at the end of the tour week (i.e. now) will the compensation money still go to my team or to his new team (presume it's my team as it was my team that had to page wages while he was playing elsewhere)?

Post Reply