Scottish Seniors & U19s

A place for players in Scotland to communicate.
RonnieG

Re: Scottish Seniors & U19s

Post by RonnieG » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:55 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:50 am
That was humour?
Hostile?
Well it was a vain attempt I suppose..... If you read my posts generally they are attempts at just lightening the mood.

But I sense a hostility to me.

True or False?
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:58 am

Ok good.

So what was the question?
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:40 am

Time for a review of where wr have got to so far.

In a word. Nowhere.

SOD. Began with two losses followed up with two wins which meant we had to take a lot of risks in game five to promote but it backfired and the gravity surrounding D3 holds in in its deadly grip.

But our batting :cry:
Bell our best bat and still improving. 4 innings for 20 runs
Hunt 3 innings 29 runs
Only one 50 made all week.

Come on guys get the finger out.

Keeping. Collins leaves the squad in favour of Coulson who is improving.

Bowling was better. Kelly and Newton leading the way.

Same pitches for India, Dry, Crumbling, Slow.

Only two or three changes to the squad as there are very few alternatives.

T20.

A 3/2 week. Another slow start but we improved and in fact did not get bowled out all week.
We again had a shot at promotion today but results elsewhere didnt go for us. D2 we stay.
Bell led the batting with an average of 8.5 Elite batting my eye.

But at least we have a WC for the hordes badly sunburned red headed Scots kiddies to look forward to.
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm

We are delighted to announce that Ally Mo ( aka ragingbull) has decided to come out of retirement to help out the seniors.

In a dramatic move, which reminded some ( well me) of return of young Prince Charles Stewart from France in 1745, Raginbull arrived at Cricket Scotland today reeking of duty free booze consumed on the way back from the WC in OZ. First job was to corner the current management team and tell them frankly where they were going wrong.

"its the batting, its just pish, ye'll need to bring in worse players, none of these big wage elite bats who cant get a run, that wee accumulator fella who's always asleep, bring him in! watshisname, Berrington! And see that Newtown! World Class Fast bowler my A***, he'll have tae go! Cut! cut! cut!"

Outside the clans gathered, the MacDonalds, the Campbells, the Stuarts, the blue paint merchants were doing a roaring trade " Moira Anderson sang Flower of Scotland, the Crankies worked the crowd.

Scotland are SAVED, Not since the return of Bonnie Prince Charlie has there such a great feel factor!

As long as we get as far as Derby all will be well.

Thanks for coming on Board Ragingbull, we really could do with a hand!
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Martymac wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:24 am
Some quality write ups there RonnieG, best of luck to the big boys for the season ahead, and well done on acquiring the services of Ragingbull to help the lads out.
Hope things go well with you too Marty.

Having RBs services will be a huge help this season and hopefully beyond that.
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:40 pm

kiwi2011 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:50 am
RonnieG wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm
We are delighted to announce that Ally Mo ( aka ragingbull) has decided to come out of retirement to help out the seniors.

In a dramatic move, which reminded some ( well me) of return of young Prince Charles Stewart from France in 1745, Raginbull arrived at Cricket Scotland today reeking of duty free booze consumed on the way back from the WC in OZ. First job was to corner the current management team and tell them frankly where they were going wrong.

"its the batting, its just pish, ye'll need to bring in worse players, none of these big wage elite bats who cant get a run, that wee accumulator fella who's always asleep, bring him in! watshisname, Berrington! And see that Newtown! World Class Fast bowler my A***, he'll have tae go! Cut! cut! cut!"

Outside the clans gathered, the MacDonalds, the Campbells, the Stuarts, the blue paint merchants were doing a roaring trade " Moira Anderson sang Flower of Scotland, the Crankies worked the crowd.

Scotland are SAVED, Not since the return of Bonnie Prince Charlie has there such a great feel factor!

I see mr Berrington finally woke up
Ragingbull kidnapped his pet rabbit Fluffy and threatened to send him back to him piece by piece if he didn't get his act together.

There has been similar raids on the back gardens of Hunt, Bell and Gray.

I'll let everyone know how we go.
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

ragingbull

Post by ragingbull » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:08 am

RonnieG wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Lol, like the write up, though Bonnie prince charlie was Italian and i hope i last longer than he did, he was'nt in Scotland long enough to have a poo.

By the way, i have 500 see you Jimmy Ginger wigs still for sale if anyone is intrested :lol:
He Who Dares, Wins
Alva CC Irish Div 1 OD Champions Season 24 & 25
Scottish Div 1 OD Champions Season 37, 38 & 40
Domestic Double season 40

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Wow!

We won the first game of the tour!

And BELL AND HUNT SCORED SOME RUNS!!!!
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Jim smashes the Saffers...

Berring-ton smashes 106 on debut.

Ragingbull in charge for the flat track showdown with the Dutch.
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

ragingbull

Post by ragingbull » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:48 pm

RonnieG wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:45 pm
Jim smashes the Saffers...

Berring-ton smashes 106 on debut.

Ragingbull in charge for the flat track showdown with the Dutch.
No pressure :lol: :whistle

If we manage a win, will look helluva good for going up :ninja
He Who Dares, Wins
Alva CC Irish Div 1 OD Champions Season 24 & 25
Scottish Div 1 OD Champions Season 37, 38 & 40
Domestic Double season 40