MKMC Tipping Comp

If you want to organise or join a friendly league or cup you can post here
jonooo

Re: MKMC Tipping Comp

Post by jonooo » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:33 am

Manager: jonooo
Semifinals: Lincolnshire ccc, Stafford rangers reborn, High Voltage, Illawarra Dragons
Finals: High Voltage, Lincolnshire ccc
Champions: High Voltage
S36 U19 NZ NAT Manager | S37-44 Senior NZ NAT Manager | S39 Senior OD World Cup Winner

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Thanks for taking part folks. Final few hours left to 2200 Game Time tonight when I'll close the participation time as the games would've begun:)
United XI|Blobs of Metal|West Indies NAT Manager
Becoming more irritating, post by post

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:21 am

The participation time has been closed now. Thank you to the 13 people that have put their guesses in. Little stats about the guesses:

High Voltage has easily been the team to back thus far, with all but 1 manager backing them to get to the semi-finals. 10 of the 12 managers see them making it to the finals. 6 of these see High Voltage becoming the champions of the whole thing. Implying High Voltage's chances in the tourney ahead have 56 points on the line. High Voltage is also the only side with more than one manager's backing them to win the whole thing as every other side has just one manager betting on it.

Lincolnshire ccc were the second most backed side, with 8 folks backing them into the semis, 6 into the finals, and with Muff backing them to go all the way. Unfortunately for Muff and the other 7 people backing Lincolnshire ccc, word is that they've already been upset out of the competition, implying Muff has lost 7 of his 12 points on the very first day. Tough luck mate:(

The third most backed side into the semis was Stafford rangers reborn, with 5 managers seeing them into the top 4 but none seeing them go further than that. Their bracket coming into the semis is not an easy one as there are 4 sides around the same seeds in those 8, but will they be able to ride themselves into the cup holders seat giving nobody in the tipping comp the final 4 points?

Whilst three managers back defending champions Direwolves to get to the semis, only one sees them getting to the finals, and subsequently winning the whole darn thing and drag0on will hope that Direwolves can win the 4th title and their second in a row.

Two managers in jonooo and heppa have backed themselves in High Voltage and Illawara Dragons CC to go onto win the title, whilst bura has not backed their The Bengals, a strong opponent in the MKMC for the last few seasons to go onto reach the semis, probably owing to their breakneck bracket with Direwolves, Murder Inc and Illawara Dragons CC.

Teams like Quad and COVID19 Warriors have just one manager's backing but they are backing them to go all the way, will either of these two sides shine with this backing and go lucky for the next 5 rounds?

Will fan-favourite High Voltage hold the cup at the end of the Competition giving 6 different managers 7 points each or will somebody stop their train and will it be one of the other 7 teams that has been bet on?

Cheers:)

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:03 am

quirkilyalive wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:21 am
Teams like Quad and COVID19 Warriors have just one manager's backing but they are backing them to go all the way, will either of these two sides shine with this backing and go lucky for the next 5 rounds?
Unfortunately C19 have been hit by 3rd wave :|
Manager of The Wolf Pack :whistle

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:24 pm

The next round of the MKMC will be tomorrow so I thought I'd post a list of the maximum points a manager can achieve after Round 7:

drag0on 12
heppa 12
quirkilyalive 11
KG0807 11
sanmath85 11
bura 8
Madcarrot 8
nawrocki 8
jonooo 8
PoweRr 7
Muff 5
LoneWolf 3
Veer 1

drag0on and heppa are the only two people that still have a shot at winning the entire 12 points now as losses to Lincolnshire ccc and Stafford rangers reborn have seen a lot of manager's guesses be heavily impacted. Manager Muff backed Lincolnshire ccc to grab the title but their loss in Round 7 itself means that Muff can only reach 5 points at best if all his other bets go right.

Hoping we have a few good games tomorrow:)

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:09 am

anoo, boss i would like to withdraw from the competition :ninja

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Given the quarters begin tomorrow, here is the maximum points every manager can earn now:

heppa 12
sanmath85 11
KG0807 10
bura 8
jonooo 8
PoweRr 7
Madcarrot 7
nawrocki 7
quirkilyalive 3
Muff 3
LoneWolf 3
drag0on 1
Veer 0

Heppa has a chance at the most points and will need his own troops with Illawara Dragons CC to get him the prize for the tipping comp as well.
LoneWolf wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:09 am
anoo, boss i would like to withdraw from the competition :ninja
I'm happy to drop your name from the list. Not much goes in keeping it as is, who knows the game magically favours you in the comp all of a sudden;)

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 am

quirkilyalive wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:25 pm
I'm happy to drop your name from the list. Not much goes in keeping it as is, who knows the game magically favours you in the comp all of a sudden;)
haha proceeds to magically end up in the last place 8)

drag0on

Post by drag0on » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:23 am

damn top to last in a week

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:05 pm

We have reached the semifinals and fan-favourites High Voltage have been knocked out as a surprise in the Quarter Finals. Lesvosace CC were the 128th seeded side and they've upset quite a few teams to have reached the semi-finals as the heavy rated sides have seemed to fall short in comparison. Three strong outfits in Minor Mashervania, Illawara Dragons CC and Ceylonian Blasters finish the Top 4.

Here is how the participants have fared thus far.

heppa 2
bura 1
KG0807 1
sanmath85 1
jonooo 1
quirkilyalive 0
drag0on 0
PoweRr 0
Madcarrot 0
Veer 0
Muff 0
nawrocki 0
LoneWolf 0

Of the 13 managers, 8 have been knocked out of the the comp, as it is 5 people left, with 3 of the 5 sides having reached their maximum quota possible of 1 point.

This is the maximum points each remaining manager can get to now:

heppa 10
KG0807 3
bura 1
sanmath85 1
jonooo 1

Everybody but heppa has luck riding on just 1 side. heppa will need their own side Illawara Dragons CC to consistently perform to get them the title for this comp as well, a comp that they've sponsored too.

Also, I've realised Round of 32 might have been too early to have to pick sides. 1 of 8 aren't good odds for a tipping comp, especially with how random FTP can be at times. I think 1 of 4 by starting the tipping comp during Round of 16 might've been more ideal...

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 am

quirkilyalive wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:05 pm
Also, I've realised Round of 32 might have been too early to have to pick sides. 1 of 8 aren't good odds for a tipping comp, especially with how random FTP can be at times. I think 1 of 4 by starting the tipping comp during Round of 16 might've been more ideal...
32 is fine ig

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:19 pm

Final results have been decided after the previous round. Apologies it had been a busy NAT week so I didn't check yet. But here are the results:

heppa 4
KG0807 3
bura 1
sanmath85 1
jonooo 1

Only 5 people got off the board with points. heppa and KG0807 will be awarded as the first and second place for this comp. I am talking to the sponsors regarding the prizes and will post the details and mail the winners soon.

Yet again, I'm truly thankful to you lads for participating, this one did not go the way I'd have expected with just 5 people getting any points on the board and I'm going to try to think of a rather easier and cleaner way for this comp, so to say. Thank you and hope this was decent fun:)