Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
boscorp

Re: Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story

Post by boscorp » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:29 pm

Madcarrot wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:40 pm
Vasrini wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:09 am
Interesting.. Regarding the capacity% is it standard that there will be a decease in occupancy for each match?or will it differ from team to team
There are factors that affect this such as division. Unfortunately I remain in the bot league for SOD, opponents supporters, position on the table and supporter happiness.

Often newer teams find that their attendance increases towards the end of the season due to guaranteed wins from weaker teams and bots.

the formula that I used was completely made up though and it was just used to help make an estimate.
Currently the division you are in does not affect attendances, I don't believe position on the table does either.
Supporter numbers, both yours and your opponents is the main influence. Win matches and gain supporters quicker as the season progresses and supporter mood improves.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm

and weather
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 am

I've made 2 new recruits.

Firstly Tom Banton has come in to replace Aled Chilvers.

Chilvers had outstanding batting and outstanding keeping summaries.
Banton has spectacular batting and exceptional keeping summaries. He's also 2 seasons younger.

I got Banton for an absolute steal at $37,708

I also got Qadeem Yaseen to replace Bear Allan.
Yaseen has exceptional batting summary against Allan's outstanding summary. He's also 1.4 seasons younger with 1 level higher fielding.

I may have overpaid a little bit for Yaseen, got him for $400,000, but he will play out his career with the Flora, 4 or 5 more seasons.

I still have $752k in the bank. But I will wait until the 1st round is over.
But as my SOD league is still in division 4 there is no need as it is mostly against bots.

I'm still looking to increase my youth team, but I find that players are being sold for more than I'm really willing to pay. Youths don't really bring in a lot of money so I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on them especially without having a good academy.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:57 am

I'll keep Alan and Chilvers in the side until I get knocked out of the MKMC, they will help rotate fatigue a bit. I might try to see how long I can last as I'm still in division 4 for SOD, I can get away with playing a lot of youths and rotating my squad quite comfortably.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Perry8

Post by Perry8 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:53 am

I'd love to say our Rivalry was influenced last season in SOD by knowing this existed. But I only found it today. Two interesting points: Chilvers was my baby trainee. I raised him from a Pup. Funny how things work out and you now have him. Also competing in YT20 against each other I forgot to change my 85k team from my Bot bashing team. I'll reset it for our next meeting ;)
Love your work mate!

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:31 am

Perry8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:53 am
I'd love to say our Rivalry was influenced last season in SOD by knowing this existed. But I only found it today. Two interesting points: Chilvers was my baby trainee. I raised him from a Pup. Funny how things work out and you now have him. Also competing in YT20 against each other I forgot to change my 85k team from my Bot bashing team. I'll reset it for our next meeting ;)
Love your work mate!
Chilvers did a good job for me last season but I'm sorry to say once I'm out of the cup he'll be getting the axe.

I tried so hard to beat you last season but you did really well. I look forward to a long rivalry. You can be my official nemesis
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Perry8

Post by Perry8 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:23 pm

Official nemesis haha I like that!

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

I'll do an official write up in a bit, but the Flora have officially promoted in both senior divisions.

Next season we will be in division 2 for T20, and division 3 for SOD.
We are also mostly guaranteed 4th place for YOD and YT20 (both division 3), both will come to NRR but we have the advantage.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Devlin087

Post by Devlin087 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:49 am

excited to see how your club progresses.
Myself , i am stuck in Div3 and an up down bank account

Looking forward to gathering some tips how to promote and free myself from this deadlock.

Perry8

Post by Perry8 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:04 am

Doing my best as official nemesis to steal YT20 prize money 8)

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:26 am

So this marks the end of our 2nd ever season as the Agitated Flora.

It was a pretty successful season I think as we met all of our goals.

I promoted in SOD 4.3, which was quite uninteresting as the league started as mostly bots and I finished 14-0

I promoted in T20 3.4 which was similarly uninteresting. I was about 20k higher rated than my opponents and finished 13-1, with a loss in the 12th round.

We also got knocked out in the 2nd round of the cup which is fine as we were running a small squad.

I'll have to make a few important decisions soon.

1. When do I want to start upgrading my academy?
I think once I maximise my financial capabilities it will be more sustainable for me to upgrade my academy. I think either division 1 in either 1 of both senior formats.
I'll have to see how we go financially this season now that I'm really starting to upgrade my team.

2. When do I want to start focussing more on youths?
I think once I start upgrading my academy it will make more sense to be purchasing and developing youths. I want to make sure that the bulk of my investments go towards the most profitable part of the game so then I'll have the financial ability to branch out into other areas without doing it half-baked.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora