Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:48 pm

yes I recently checked the quality of YR by academy to make sure the numbers still followed the same pattern as previous
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:06 pm

Fielder wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:18 pm
Hi everybody, just joined a couple days ago.
I see a lot of what look like excellent players on the market going without bids - 24-26yos with expert to exceptional skills, and wages in the $12-18k range. They look like a bargain deal for a new club, even if I can probably only afford to pay one or two of them for a while*, but what am I missing?

*Disclaimer: I may have accidentally already bought a couple. :?
Howdy and welcome to the game.

Don't buy any more, their wages will bankrupt you.

To answer your question a change was made to the way players were recruited a while back which means that players with those skills are very common now.
Also there is only one game left before the season ends ( Just a week off with the World Cups being played) so I wouldn't advise too much transfer activity until you have sized up your new leagues.

I would also ask for a mentor by posting in one of the threads below.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Ron
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

dans080696

Post by dans080696 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:15 pm

Does having a left/right hand batting pair make any difference?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:55 pm

A small diff yes

Mike778

Post by Mike778 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Signed up again after a long absence .. some stuff has changed so few quick questions

1. See that people recommend training fielding first, is there a reason behind this ? To my understanding both primaries and fielding train faster at a young age so logically would have thought primaries first then fielding. Is this (fielding first) wage related or is the training speed slow down as players age bigger for fielding than primaries ?

2. Seems that training for higher skills is slower than low skills. Is this linear or are there checkpoints or soft caps ? Eg is training speed the same up to reliable and then it slows or does every level matter (eg every level will be slightly slower than the one previous)

3. Another new thing is condition affects training. I've gone on a firing spree, was this a mistake ? Will my players be able to play all the games without it affecting condition and training ? Or should I get a bigger squad , if so how big ?

4. Forums look very quiet - is the game OK, not dying is it ?

Thanks for help. Aware that my starting squad is likely to be useless so probably doesn't really matter worrying about training efficiency for now but just thinking ahead.

MOD-quirkilyalive
MOD

Post by MOD-quirkilyalive » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Mike778 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:39 pm
Signed up again after a long absence .. some stuff has changed so few quick questions

1. See that people recommend training fielding first, is there a reason behind this ? To my understanding both primaries and fielding train faster at a young age so logically would have thought primaries first then fielding. Is this (fielding first) wage related or is the training speed slow down as players age bigger for fielding than primaries ?
Big reason is definitely the wage. I might be wrong but the way I think is that by getting fielding out of the way at 16 for youths and 21 for seniors, a player becomes playable at least and with a decent academy, fielding can be sorted with a season in youths and a season in seniors and more time for primaries can potentially give more spares a slight bit more than having to waste more time on fielding later. mostly helps get fielding out the way and get players into XI.
2. Seems that training for higher skills is slower than low skills. Is this linear or are there checkpoints or soft caps ? Eg is training speed the same up to reliable and then it slows or does every level matter (eg every level will be slightly slower than the one previous)
Every level gets slightly slower than the previous from experience and if I'm remembering correctly.
3. Another new thing is condition affects training. I've gone on a firing spree, was this a mistake ? Will my players be able to play all the games without it affecting condition and training ? Or should I get a bigger squad , if so how big ?
most of the starting squad is very shite, you'll have to fire them some point or another. With a new side, depending on how big of a cup run you go for, which usually is 3-4 rounds at best for a new side I think, 16-odd's a decent number, potentially going lower as you get knocked off from cup to 14. My thinking is 6 bats and 2 keeps plus 5 seamers with preferable variety and 3 spinners to cover all pitches. Lower divs can work decently with 4 seamers and 2 spinners as well, ars included in that and 5 bats and 1/2 keeps after getting knocked off.

Thanks for help. Aware that my starting squad is likely to be useless so probably doesn't really matter worrying about training efficiency for now but just thinking ahead.
A lot of the discussion has shifted to a discord, linked in parenthesis (https://discord.gg/4YAg5JwRFZ). Is the game ok- it won't be okay until I can convince every user in the game to only pull windies but elsewise yes, it is not dying. I should mention I'm the Windies Senior Manager for context haha.
United XI|Blobs of Metal|West Indies NAT Manager
Becoming more irritating, post by post

Mike778

Post by Mike778 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:10 pm

Thanks for the help ...

Could possibly be persuaded to shift allegiance to WI. Maybe.

Just to pick up on point one. You talk about doing fielding first gets the player playable. In other cricket games, generally your primary makes the player playable and fielding is a bit of a bonus. So I'd have thought you get primary to playable level first and then fielding. Or is fielding much more powerful here ?

Re the squad size, I was actually thinking of grinding the seniors down to 11 on the basis they are all rubbish anyway so it doesn't matter if they lose training a bit. Maybe that's a bit extreme. I tend to try and optimise things - I know there is a min wages which kicks in after 100 days so was thinking first 3 months would be a good chance to save some cash.

MOD-quirkilyalive
MOD

Post by MOD-quirkilyalive » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Re/ fielding:

in theory the players that stay in the club at 21 for seniors for example would be expert/expert or outstanding/outstanding with reliable/accom fielding. The lack of fielding against many clubs will lead to more drops and missed fielding checks but at a lower division level the primary gap is usually not that high, read div 3 and 4 in most countries. Saying that, training fielding on your bats and finger spinners and medos can equally allow you to delay training fielding on what I'd say are your aggressive bowlers in quicks and wristies and try and make them potent wicket takers first. In most countries, playing 21yo's fresh off of youths consistently in Division 2 is very tough in general.
Nat-wise, players come in at 27/28 usually, and from what I've heard and observed, training fielding at 21 to a decent level, say outstanding or spectacular(takes a season-odd from reli in a decent academy like superior) and then maybe delaying the final excep pop to train prims first is the most effective long-term method as well.
Again, I've seen managers go the other way around as well, and it goes okay. The question is which trains more say batting for a batter: the extra advantage at 21 or a usually a good 7-8 weeks from 22-25. I think the latter but the difference is marginal and it is an opinion of choice of what you'd like first. I'd mail you to train your potential nat west indian fielding first still ;)

Re/ squad size:
the minimum is twelve. They can lose training to fatigue, but a squad of twelve can easily do 2 games a week, so league if you throw cup. I think you'll have to fire all of the starting squad, playing those lads is probably not gonna help you. I don't know how much it'll help you financially though. There are minimum ratings you need to reach(110k for seniors div 4- new side rates 80k tops I think, read the first post in announcements for further exacts) or you'll lose half the sponsorship. You probably start with 800-odd supporters if I'm right and losing a lot of games for throwing games can hurt the supporters and gate takings for the while, hurting you financially in the long term potentially. You'll get a few bots which are easy to beat but elsewise the starting squads are fairly likely to lose.

Once EOS 52 is over, Season 53 starts November 14, you'll be able to get cheaper buys after the eos frantic and yes, you can do good if you have just 12 of those. Seniors wise, starting off with cheap 21-22yo's is recommendable as they can get better and age up as you go up the divisions with even an okay-enough academy level. Then you can also slowly buy better lads in.

Re/WI allegiance
Intriguing, would definitely love that. I mean it is the only right path in the game, supporting any other country leads to doom anyways.

Mike778

Post by Mike778 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:33 pm

Thanks again .... lots of good info there

Bit of a faff having to buy new teams to meet the min rankings. Didn't know about that. Was hoping to take it a bit slower before renovating the seniors. Assume it is to stop people tanking or hoarding cash but not very newbie friendly that rule.

MOD-quirkilyalive
MOD

Post by MOD-quirkilyalive » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:38 pm

the rule kicks in after a little while of playing I think actually, I'm unsure of the exacts.

edit: it kicks in after 100 days as well. still wouldn't recommend running ahead with the starting squad as it'll have long-term impacts on supporter numbers and gates would tank. can take it slow as the starting squad can beat bots, but not anything more than that i'd reckon.

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:29 am

quirkilyalive wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:23 pm
Mike778 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Big reason is definitely the wage. I might be wrong but the way I think is that by getting fielding out of the way at 16 for youths and 21 for seniors, a player becomes playable at least and with a decent academy, fielding can be sorted with a season in youths and a season in seniors and more time for primaries can potentially give more spares a slight bit more than having to waste more time on fielding later. mostly helps get fielding out the way and get players into XI.
Every level gets slightly slower than the previous from experience and if I'm remembering correctly.
most of the starting squad is very shite, you'll have to fire them some point or another. With a new side, depending on how big of a cup run you go for, which usually is 3-4 rounds at best for a new side I think, 16-odd's a decent number, potentially going lower as you get knocked off from cup to 14. My thinking is 6 bats and 2 keeps plus 5 seamers with preferable variety and 3 spinners to cover all pitches. Lower divs can work decently with 4 seamers and 2 spinners as well, ars included in that and 5 bats and 1/2 keeps after getting knocked off.

A lot of the discussion has shifted to a discord, linked in parenthesis (https://discord.gg/4YAg5JwRFZ). Is the game ok- it won't be okay until I can convince every user in the game to only pull windies but elsewise yes, it is not dying. I should mention I'm the Windies Senior Manager for context haha.
For number2, once a player hits outstanding there’s a slow down to the next skills. Otherwise it’s the same till outstanding.
Herosnzeros Titles: T20: S35
Crazy Horses Titles: YOD: S29. Pavilion cup S39
NZ U19s NM S26-29 AM 24-25. Scottish NM 33-34 37-, AM 30-32 35-36

dwapar

Post by dwapar » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:45 am

Is there is any benefit of playing a player regularly at fixed batting position ?
Suppose I have a player who plays at fixed position at No 4 ,Is there is any guarantee that he is able to perform good in future at that position ??

Another Question ,I have a youngster who I play as opener (he has no opener speciality ), should I play him at opener when he is promoted in senior squad ??

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:23 am

there are certain skills that help in certain situations but for all intents and purposes a player does not benefit from playing in one psotion

dwapar

Post by dwapar » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:01 pm

okk thanks