Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
dwapar

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by dwapar » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:44 pm

tnx guys

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:18 am

Zyzz wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:37 am
Do players gain skills from playing in a match?
Experience definitely, captaincy maybe. Nothing else. Also nothing at all from friendlies.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Muff

Post by Muff » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:20 pm

Zyzz wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:10 pm
Cynic wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:18 am
Zyzz wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:37 am
Do players gain skills from playing in a match?
Experience definitely, captaincy maybe. Nothing else. Also nothing at all from friendlies.
Thanks. How important is experience as a trait? Would a high skill, low experience player do worse than a slightly lesser skilled player with more experience?
Think of experience as a skill multiplier. Its certainly valuable when assessing two players
Image Realism Ravens - PokeMod Champion & The Quadfather Season 52
Pavilion Cup Champions Season 17
NZ SOD 1.1 Titles x 9 NZ T20 1.1 Titles x 5 NZ YOD 1.1 Titles x 8 NZ YT20 1.1 Titles x 2

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:00 am

Zyzz wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:10 pm
Thanks. How important is experience as a trait? Would a high skill, low experience player do worse than a slightly lesser skilled player with more experience?
Experience is very important in my opinion.

You don't pay anything for experience, I'd say both players would probably perform very similar. Therefore you be paying less for the higher experienced player.

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:56 pm

Jakowako66 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:45 pm
Hi there. Not sure if this falls into this category but wasn’t sure where else to post.

I played many a moon ago (believe I even managed Bermuda for a term or two) and I’m currently getting my head round all the changes to the game (I’ve just read up on the ‘investaigation’ and I’m choosing to not make a comment). I think there’s been a lot of positive changes; however, I’m quite surprised by the perceived (no proof of this) drop in overall managers, lack of acitivity on the forums (I remember them being difficult to keep up with back in the day) and the threat of some users leaving the game (again I won’t make comment on this). It had made me wonder, is anything being done to actively try to increase the user pool?

Obviously a game like FTP is more enjoyable with more active managers (less bots, more human engagement and a busier TM), so I’d feel this should certainly be something that should be of somewhat priority. I just wanted to know what was being done on this front? I’d imagine either advertising or a form of a mobile app on an App Store would be the obvious solution, but wanted to hear if either of these are already being processed/ executed, or anything other means of trying to expand the user base!
The devs are currently working on making an app for the game which is expected to increase player intake.
Otherwise a good portion of the community are on the discord channel as well which might suggest why the forums are a bit slow. https://discord.gg/adj3qNcXBj
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:09 pm

I had to go into the link's URL that has the file extension. See if https://i.imgur.com/ozchKCi_d.webp works.

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:10 pm

Jakowako66 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:48 pm
Cynic wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:09 pm

I had to go into the link's URL that has the file extension. See if https://i.imgur.com/ozchKCi_d.webp works.
Worked a dream, thank you! I appreciate you going to the trouble.
You're welcome.

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:20 pm

Jakowako66 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:48 pm
Can someone please tell me the best way to upload a logo? I know where to locate it on FTP, but whenever I provide the link I end up with an image showing it’s not worked. I have tried Flickr, Abode Express and Imgur for what it’s worth. The link to the logo I’m trying to upload is: https://imgur.com/a/DzFQeFc
I've user Imgur and if you type .png after the link I've found that that's worked for me.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!

casperj

Post by casperj » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:38 pm

Not really a newbie question but:

Since the academies change, has the quality of youth pulls by academy level been checked to ensure it makes sense? My affilate youth academy increased to 'Lavish' due to the change (think it was Excellent before) but I've had a really bad season of youth pulls, worse than the previous season under an Excellent academy, and worse than my main team that only has a 'Good' youth academy.

I know there's a lot of random invovled in the youth pulls, but pulls have been very poor for 15 weeks in a row since the change, so just wanted to confirm whether the levels had been checked to see if the system is working properly?

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:45 pm

Not in my experience. *arm ready to throw something*