Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:21 am

At the moment there is plenty of bargains even up to outs bat/bowl exp+ tech with good secondaries on players 21-22
Even higher skilled and aged players can present bargains
Just watch the wage on them isnt too high as that will hurt when the 50k extra you get for 4 weeks runs out
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

sLing

Post by sLing » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:52 pm

Hello guys, when will the wage of a player increase? Is it every season? Also by how much?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:15 am

at the end of each season wages are recalculated and based on what their new skill levels are for all skills from bat to field

sLing

Post by sLing » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:11 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:15 am
at the end of each season wages are recalculated and based on what their new skill levels are for all skills from bat to field
thank you

sLing

Post by sLing » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Is Free hit currently implemented in the game?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:10 am

No and we will look at it at some stage

dhoni007

Post by dhoni007 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:30 am

Hi Crowfan,

I see that the academy expenses are already updated, but there are still two separate academies. Is this expected, and will they be merged sometime over the weekend?
“You don’t win or lose the games because of the 11 you select. You win or lose with what those 11 do on the field.” –Rahul Dravid

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:27 am

in the next 24 hrs

AKashyap

Post by AKashyap » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 am

A doubt arose in my mind that how to decide the pricetag of a player, in both of these situations:
1. When we're selling a Player for a Reserve Price
2. When we're bidding for that player, what's the parameter to decide the upper-limit of our bid, how much we should and based on which factors?

Do let me know, I think a lot of people might be having such a doubt, but if you know the answer, do let me know... :D

Cheerz... :thumbsup
AKASH KASHYAP
Manager of The Irish Super Giants

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:58 am

AKashyap wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 am
A doubt arose in my mind that how to decide the pricetag of a player, in both of these situations:
2. When we're bidding for that player, what's the parameter to decide the upper-limit of our bid, how much we should and based on which factors?

Do let me know, I think a lot of people might be having such a doubt, but if you know the answer, do let me know... :D

People will have different answers, but for me I buy players based off how much I need them and how common they are.

I'll pay absolute top dollar for a player who I intend to keep in my team for 10 seasons because I know I'll get my moneys worth.

Also if a player is NAT touring you're guaranteed extra money as touring compensation so you can factor that in as well.

Lastly it depends on your division and competition. If you are in the top leagues you need the very best players, but if you are in div 3 or 4 I wouldn't spend more than 20k for any player depending on how good your opposition is.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!

AKashyap

Post by AKashyap » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:11 am

Madcarrot wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:58 am
AKashyap wrote:

People will have different answers, but for me I buy players based off how much I need them and how common they are.

I'll pay absolute top dollar for a player who I intend to keep in my team for 10 seasons because I know I'll get my moneys worth.

Also if a player is NAT touring you're guaranteed extra money as touring compensation so you can factor that in as well.

Lastly it depends on your division and competition. If you are in the top leagues you need the very best players, but if you are in div 3 or 4 I wouldn't spend more than 20k for any player depending on how good your opposition is.
Great helping answer mate! And agreed, it's a good advice. I'll mostly try to stick to this, as much as possible... :)

AKASH KASHYAP

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:20 pm

AKashyap wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:11 am
Madcarrot wrote:
AKashyap wrote:

Great helping answer mate! And agreed, it's a good advice. I'll mostly try to stick to this, as much as possible... :)

The other thing you need to factor in is the wage of a player. You might get a great player for $1k on the market, but he might cost you $18-20k every week in wages.

It is very common for new players to go bankrupt thinking that they are getting really cheap gun players that they don't need because they are in low divisions still, and then they go bankrupt.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!

AKashyap

Post by AKashyap » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:23 am

Madcarrot wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:20 pm
AKashyap wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:11 am
Madcarrot wrote:

The other thing you need to factor in is the wage of a player. You might get a great player for $1k on the market, but he might cost you $18-20k every week in wages.

It is very common for new players to go bankrupt thinking that they are getting really cheap gun players that they don't need because they are in low divisions still, and then they go bankrupt.
True mate. I understand that and I would definitely, try to keep that in mind, too... :D

AKASH KASHYAP