Find a Mentor

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
TheOneDwade

Re: Find a Mentor

Post by TheOneDwade » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:28 am

Hey Guys,

Old reformed player who spent a lot of time on the game around 2008/9/10 from memory, I was a manager within the UAE ranks at one point (different username from memory though) and remember having one of my recruited youths end up being in the Australian Youth Squad which I remember was cool. Was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out restarting the game after all this time. What is the expected level for player I should be looking at, how to manage my finances etc, what should I be investing my money in, im sure you know the drill.

Thanks in advance!

Brayden :)

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 am

TheOneDwade wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:28 am
Hey Guys,

Old reformed player who spent a lot of time on the game around 2008/9/10 from memory, I was a manager within the UAE ranks at one point (different username from memory though) and remember having one of my recruited youths end up being in the Australian Youth Squad which I remember was cool. Was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out restarting the game after all this time. What is the expected level for player I should be looking at, how to manage my finances etc, what should I be investing my money in, im sure you know the drill.

Thanks in advance!

Brayden :)
I’m semi free most days, when I say that I am busy with rehab most days but am on FTP multiple times a day
Depending on where you are in the world (time zone wise) I can lend a hand where I can
Drop me an igm https://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=160 and I’ll be happy to give you a hand.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

Macsr

Post by Macsr » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi

Just started playing the game for the first time and like the look of what I've seen so far, but am aware there's so much I need to understand to able to plan a future strategy.

Would really appreciate the help of a mentor to help me avoid the pitfalls that inevitably await me if I plough on uninformed. Playing in Ireland.

Thanks

Maddog40

Post by Maddog40 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Macsr wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:12 pm
Hi

Just started playing the game for the first time and like the look of what I've seen so far, but am aware there's so much I need to understand to able to plan a future strategy.

Would really appreciate the help of a mentor to help me avoid the pitfalls that inevitably await me if I plough on uninformed. Playing in Ireland.

Thanks
Messaged :thumbsup
Silly Mid-On CC (Scotland) and Silly Mid-Off CC (West Indies).
I'm counting the days until I inevitably get the two mixed up and buy an expensive transfer target for the wrong team.
Image West Indies U20 Manager S44 - S52 . YOD World Cup Winner S46 Image

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:59 pm

Crundall wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:55 am
I am a new player and looking for a mentor. Have experience with Battrick so know the basics of cricket management and interested in RL cricket too. Just need a little start up help with training, line ups, youth squad, youth pulls, etc, etc...
I would say my normal strategy would be home grown and not to dabble in the transfer market too much but not sure if this game lends itself to that approach?
Just need a few 'rule of thumbs' to get started... Saw one on the quick questions thread about senior squad size for example (about 14).
Message me in game I’ll be happy to help where I can
https://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=160
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:01 am

grumbleguts wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Played FTP before.
Can type.
Before what :think

I can help if you like :wink:

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:05 am

grumbleguts wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:09 am

Before I returned.
That makes sense :oops:

Sure. Time zones may be an issue, but we can take it as a given that my squad is complete garbage and far worse than the dross I got when I first started way on way back when.
Our timezones cross over at some point so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Although I don't use the transfer market, good thing is that it's very easy to get quality players for little money now. Decent players don't actually sell at times, you need to check out the marker and be patient.

Also pop over to the FTP Discord forum, loads of help there.

Message me any questions you have.