Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:31 am

Since the start of the new season you get paid half the sponsorship on Mondays and 'earn' the rest by winning or reaching the minimum MR for each league game

see here
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Muff

Post by Muff » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 am

Stats Center
> Team > Career Averages

The stats are club specific I believe.
By selecting all seasons, but ticking only include current players i was able to confirm this.

Ie. I can see my player Bart Skilton who I just bought only shows the 1xYT20 game he played from me, and not the 20xT20 or 17xOD games he played for his previous club

Or Thorton Tuiaki has played 51 SOD games, but 25 for me under Team - Career averages
Image Realism Ravens - PokeMod Champion & The Quadfather Season 52
Pavilion Cup Champions Season 17
NZ SOD 1.1 Titles x 9 NZ T20 1.1 Titles x 5 NZ YOD 1.1 Titles x 8 NZ YT20 1.1 Titles x 2

plumber525

Post by plumber525 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:15 am

Had a look in the manual regarding drinks breaks (Match Engine>Player Energy) and it states energy is partially replenished at drinks and the change of innings. Is that for ALL players i.e. all the batting team get a partial replenishment of energy at the drinks break, or just the ones in the middle?

plumber525

Post by plumber525 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 am

In looking at the manual for the above I also noticed that Match Engine>Fielding states "....or stumping (for wicketkeepers) chance eventuates, the skill of the relevant fielder affects the chance that the opportunity will be taken."

In the next section (Fielding Skill Checks) it states "A fielding skill check involves a roll of the dice against a fielder's overall fielding skill (or a keeper's keeping skill) to determine whether the player successfully passed the skill check."

So which skill is being checked? Does a keeper ever have his fielding skill checked or is it always his keeping skill?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 am

plumber525 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:15 am
Had a look in the manual regarding drinks breaks (Match Engine>Player Energy) and it states energy is partially replenished at drinks and the change of innings. Is that for ALL players i.e. all the batting team get a partial replenishment of energy at the drinks break, or just the ones in the middle?
All players

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 am

plumber525 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 am
In looking at the manual for the above I also noticed that Match Engine>Fielding states "....or stumping (for wicketkeepers) chance eventuates, the skill of the relevant fielder affects the chance that the opportunity will be taken."

In the next section (Fielding Skill Checks) it states "A fielding skill check involves a roll of the dice against a fielder's overall fielding skill (or a keeper's keeping skill) to determine whether the player successfully passed the skill check."

So which skill is being checked? Does a keeper ever have his fielding skill checked or is it always his keeping skill?
It should probably read 'summary' and fielding is part of the keeping summary

plumber525

Post by plumber525 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:12 pm

Cheers Crowey.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:32 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 am
plumber525 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 am

It should probably read 'summary' and fielding is part of the keeping summary
After looking at numerous players wicket keeping summaries it appears that wicket keeping is by far the largest contributor to the keeping summary.
Experience, technique and fielding (possibly in that order)also contribute to the summary but to a lesser extent.
This is just my observation when comparing players.
I found players with high keeping and low fielding to have a significantlyvbetter summary than those with high fielding and low keeping.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

dwapar

Post by dwapar » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 am

At which level of fatigue I should stop training for that week for a player ??

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:58 am

dwapar wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 am
Don't let it fall to moderate.

Now that I've reseen the table:

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/rules.h ... e=training

Maybe the first line should be "satisfactory or better"?
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

dwapar

Post by dwapar » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:21 am

Okk

NPD-PowerBug
MOD

Post by NPD-PowerBug » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:19 am

dwapar wrote:
Instead of utilising rest training, it is more beneficial if you rest the player from a match or two instead. You want to be able to keep training your players each week. I suggest only using Rest training for players who are 29 or older.

I like to us a little plan like this though:
Every Sunday I set my orders for the week ahead. If there is a player on passable then they only play one match that week. If they are on satisfactory (or worse) then they play 0 matches that week. Energetic or better and they can play as much as I need them to :)

Obviously there are many more factors when it comes to micromanaging your squad, like your opposition and pitch selection, however to keep things simple with an easy rule to follow that is how I recommend going about keeping fatigue down.
Club Links: The Bunker Bugs in Image, Buggles United (Home Grown) in Image.
Image UAE U20 Assistant: S46-S48 Image UAE Senior Manager: S51-Current
"New Player Development"

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:00 am

NPD-PowerBug wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:19 am
dwapar wrote:
Instead of utilising rest training, it is more beneficial if you rest the player from a match or two instead. You want to be able to keep training your players each week. I suggest only using Rest training for players who are 29 or older.

I like to us a little plan like this though:
Every Sunday I set my orders for the week ahead. If there is a player on passable then they only play one match that week. If they are on satisfactory (or worse) then they play 0 matches that week. Energetic or better and they can play as much as I need them to :)

Obviously there are many more factors when it comes to micromanaging your squad, like your opposition and pitch selection, however to keep things simple with an easy rule to follow that is how I recommend going about keeping fatigue down.
I think it depends on their age too though. For me if I've got a player who is 29 or older and they are fully developed, I don't mind them missing a week of training so that they can play
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!