Is the Transfer Market Broke?

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
Eggy6198

Is the Transfer Market Broke?

Post by Eggy6198 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:28 pm

Im not sure what Im asking here but the prices have dropped through the floor? Is it a great leveler or does it make it harder to climb the divisions?

Does it need fixing or is everyone happy?
Note to self don't get wound up by strangers on the internet!
'those election results were poor judgement by those who voted'

MD-Summit
MOD

Re: Is the Transfer Market Broke?

Post by MD-Summit » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:34 pm

The landscape has changed, I wouldn't say its broken, just different.

How and what would you fix?
Managing Director

Current Pakistan Division 1 SOD Champion!

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 pm

I don't think there's anything different. There's been a fair variety of prices paid over the last 2 weeks. Admittedly the time of season can influence prices but I don't think it's created any issues.
Perhaps sales in youth may have declined in recent seasons as more managers appear to have gone for a more homegrown approach and invested in their academies instead, but I'm sure the transfer market is doing its job.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:33 pm

End of season, loads of teams look to sell off players, off-set etc, this is usual cycle we follow.
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 1.1)(s46 SOD 1.1

beecee8

Post by beecee8 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:45 am

maybe its harder for TM movers and shakers like eggy to make some cash ?

I dunno, as I have never played that game

not smart enough :twisted:
Brother Beecee, Procurement and Special Technique
The names Peters, John Peters, of the famous O'Peters Clan
GarageTM Member

JimmyChungus

Post by JimmyChungus » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:56 am

Youths are definitely cheap this whole season; a lot of extra 16 yr olds in the market each week. Must suck for the resellers of the mid-tier sort of players, some go for a pittance. Meanwhile I am just cycling players waiting for bargains.

ZombieRox

Post by ZombieRox » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am

its all bout demand n supply

thanks to ADMINS and "Center of Homeless Players", we getting a steady bunch of quality players regularly in the market to chose from and buy.

so those managers who used to do fishing , find it difficult to sell players with ridiculous amount :whistle
If it’s difficult, I will do it now. If it’s impossible, I will do it presently.”– Don Bradman

lion4life

Post by lion4life » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 am

There's still a market to buy and sell players. Just two months ago I sold a Spin AR who I bought as a 21.yo for 1.2m profit as a 24y.o.

People just have more options in what they want to buy, therefore they can be more picky with choosing players who are more ready-made.

I'd bet the same applies for Youths. Buying 16 y.os and selling as 19 y.os once trained up.
🇦🇪 NT Manager S49
Manager of Rednut United and Rangas United

Eggy6198

Post by Eggy6198 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am

beecee8 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:45 am
maybe its harder for TM movers and shakers like eggy to make some cash ?

I dunno, as I have never played that game

not smart enough :twisted:
This is my biggest problem. But also you can pick up international wristies for peanuts. Im not sure what best tactics are but seems to suggest recycling 29 year olds is the best way now
Note to self don't get wound up by strangers on the internet!
'those election results were poor judgement by those who voted'

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 pm

The influx of 16.00ys is making its way through the market also the recycled " good" players entering the market too.

Add in a small userbase and we have a pretty stagnant market at the minute.

My club model was train to sell youngsters along with keeping the cream of the crop for my seniors but seeing Outs 21yos going for a pittance suggests I will need to try something new. Despite some great sales in the past I cant see my club being able to keep it going much longer.

It is a pity as I like training youngsters but ultimately I like a winning senior side too.
Scotland Manager.

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 pm

ZombieRox wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am
its all bout demand n supply

thanks to ADMINS and "Center of Homeless Players", we getting a steady bunch of quality players regularly in the market to chose from and buy.

so those managers who used to do fishing , find it difficult to sell players with ridiculous amount :whistle
Yes there has been a big influx in these players as of late but that is largely in part of having someone full time coming down on those doing the wrong thing and a few big name managers that have decided to give the game a rest, so yes numbers through saving and re listing players did spike this season, but that has slowed right down now and it has gone pretty much exactly how we thought it would in that early on in my role we expected the spike in managers being caught and then in turn the decline once a lot of “bad eggs” were exposed.
But that should stabilise now and as it does the criteria for saving players will tighten along with it, Crowie and I have had talks and do in fact have a plan on reducing the number of players being saved by slowly raising the bar on the criteria for saved players.

I think one of the biggest factors is that we are now seeing the “age change” classes now graduating and because the rise in decent 21yo players, where we all use to fight tooth and nail over a outs/outs 21yo we are seeing so many more hit that mark and better that the bar for a quality 21yo has shifted, expert/expert graduates use to go for decent money but now the standard is at a minimum outs/outs and only the ones that are either on the high side with strong secondary’s or big spare ratings or any better go for good coin and it was predicted that this bar was always going to shift that way, but the gap between graduating classes and seniors needed to be closed as we were seeing a huge number of young seniors missing out on game time because they were nowhere near competitive at senior level, which in the long run would of seen a decline in top end seniors when it came to experience.
On the 16yo front a lot more teams seam to be hanging on to good youth recruits and I’m not sure if the numbers support it but in my observations it seams a lot less quality 16yo’s hit the market and more managers are either hanging onto them because they can get more out of them in youths now or they train and sell as ready made youths between 19-20 when you can sell decent players for a bit more to those clubs trying to secure a youth title or fill holes at the top end of there youth squad so they don’t need to take as big a step backwards when they have player’s promoting to seniors.

I suspect over the next few season things will settle and the TM will start to resemble what it did a few seasons ago, it will just be the bar has moved slightly and we will see a lot more high outs/outs and spec 21yo’s hitting the market and the same will go for the older seniors as the first few waves of the age change players start working there way into the scope of senior Nats.

With all the changes over recent seasons with youths getting another year and every 16yo getting 5 full seasons regardless of when they were recruited there was always going to be a ripple effect, it was unavoidable, I just think we are seeing the peak of those waves around the graduating youths and in a few seasons that peak will work its way towards senior Nats.
We just need to stay patient and ride it out.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:57 pm

20y14w | 44,411 rating | $6,279 wage (0% discount)

Right hand batsman | Right arm Medium

Talents Boundary Hitter, Swing
Nationality Australia Australia
Form capable
Fatigue revived
Experience capable
Captaincy poor
Skills Summary
Batsman average
Bowler expert
Keeper average
Allrounder reasonable
Notes

Skills
Batting poor Endurance reasonable
Bowling outstanding Technique spectacular
Keeping ordinary Power average
Fielding reliable

I think the TM is broke...
Scotland Manager.

Muff

Post by Muff » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Hes a medium pacer. They are a dime a dozen.

Sure it's great for new teams starting out to upgrade their squad but at some point a team of medium Pacers doesnt get you far.

Find me a fast or ws with skills/age like that, that you bought for 1k and them I'll say the tm is broken
Image Realism Ravens - PokeMod Champion
Pavilion Cup Champions Season 17
NZ SOD 1.1 Seasons 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 21 & 22 NZ T20 1.1 Seasons 3, 10 & 19 NZ YOD 1.1 Season 20, 22, 43, 46 & 48

ZombieRox

Post by ZombieRox » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:39 am

Muff wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Hes a medium pacer. They are a dime a dozen.
Exactly .... even with a better batting skills or some bowling talent like NBB or OBB, his price would have been 40-50k easy I suppose.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/player. ... Id=2270871

this one went almost 200k yesterday(in significantly lesser rush time )

I guess, he would have been sold more than 250k+ if chucked in TM during Friday (10-12 server time)
If it’s difficult, I will do it now. If it’s impossible, I will do it presently.”– Don Bradman

casperj

Post by casperj » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:49 am

Picked up this guy for 14k. Fielding needs immediate work, probably a whole season of training, however I think still a decent bit of business??

player 2384571

16y14w | 31,954 rating | $1,271 wage (0% discount)
Right hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin
Talents Old Ball Bowler, Skilled (Batting)
Nationality Australia
Form average
Fatigue rested
Experience poor

Skills
Batting average Endurance average
Bowling reasonable Technique capable
Keeping average Power ordinary
Fielding poor