The FTP Discord!

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
Birdmandipper

Re: The FTP Discord!

Post by Birdmandipper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 pm

bura wrote:Off topic, but one of the main reasons, I think, FTP is not gaining any traction in new user base is it's mobile presence. Newer generations/Millennials just don't do desktops anymore and FTP is not mobile friendly at all. Setting orders, in mail message are few examples.
I have to disagree about that, I only use mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) with my phone being my main device which I would use probably 75% of the time and I don’t really have any problems with the site. The only restriction I find is that you can’t drag bowling overs in tactics.
Birds XI and Birds 2nd XI - Aus Div 1 Champs YOD S43,46 YT20 S46,47
UAE NAT Manager S42-S44, Assistant S45, UAE U20 Assistant S46-
Australian NAT Assistant S37-S42 - Champs - S39 T20 1.1, S42 SOD 1.1

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Birdmandipper wrote:
bura wrote:Off topic, but one of the main reasons, I think, FTP is not gaining any traction in new user base is it's mobile presence. Newer generations/Millennials just don't do desktops anymore and FTP is not mobile friendly at all. Setting orders, in mail message are few examples.
I have to disagree about that, I only use mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) with my phone being my main device which I would use probably 75% of the time and I don’t really have any problems with the site. The only restriction I find is that you can’t drag bowling overs in tactics.
This. I’ve actually used my phone for almost every bit of my time on FTP
Herosnzeros Titles: T20: S35
Crazy Horses Titles: YOD: S29. Pavilion cup S39
NZ U19s NM S26-29 AM 24-25. Scottish NM 33-34 37-, AM 30-32 35-36

bura

Post by bura » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:24 pm

May be you are too used to using FTP. In general people don't even want to use mobile web browsers to visit desktop sites even if they use mobile web browsers for other mobile version of pages. It annoys me a lot that I cant drag bowling orders and in game message screen are always out of proportions. If I am a new FTP user and using the mobile browsers I would run away from it. I am so used to current state of FTP that I always find a work around. :lol:

But I agree its certainly 1000 times better than the likes of stumpedgame.com. :lol:

verdi

Post by verdi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Maybe there should be a channel (if that's the name on discord) for newbie questions?

In my experience many newcomers struggle with the basics (TM, training, fatigue management, etc).
Image Crni Zmajevi Cricket Club & Space Wolves Image

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:45 am

I haven't had a chance to get over there yet
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

werdo64

Post by werdo64 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 pm

GM-Butlee wrote:
Hellbound81 wrote:Not to be a wet blanket here, I struggle to see how Discord will increase forum activity when it will literally take conversations away from the forum...
I can see your point, but I think the other angle is - a lot of people already use Discord and it's not uncommon to have a whole list of servers. So it's just as much tapping into folks who already have Discord for other reasons and don't come to the FTP site much anymore, as it is taking FTP chatters away to chat on Discord.

I mean, games like FTP used to live or die on having massive IRC channels set up and the fun was being part of the community, not entirely just playing the game. It's funny how things cycle around like that lol.
I used to play an Online F1 Management game called F1TIME, and it had both an IRC Channel, and a Forum, and both went happily side by side.
Even though it was an official IRC channel, it was mostly used for general chat between players, with the more official stuff sticking to the forums.

mewtwo

Post by mewtwo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 am

I have no doubt FTP needs an app. Taking away all the needs to zoom in or zoom out using the browser and streamlining the whole game into an app would do a lot more to get new users, retain users and get people spending more into the game.
I am idiot

mewtwo

Post by mewtwo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm

kiwi2011 wrote:
mewtwo wrote:I have no doubt FTP needs an app. Taking away all the needs to zoom in or zoom out using the browser and streamlining the whole game into an app would do a lot more to get new users, retain users and get people spending more into the game.
lol the pokemon manager is back.
Hahahaha that was such an awesome squad XD and then Ash curbed the unrealistic names :(
I am idiot