Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
ukrooster

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by ukrooster » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 am

In the first instance I'm talking about an even playing field of youth pull distribution, not financial. Look at those nations under 5%. Need all the help they can get. I don't see any Australia youth pull competitions. A few decent people around spending their own money trying to generate interest for these lower tier nations.

However, since you mentioned financial, I have seen in other online games, scouting could come at a management cost ($X per each weekly scout opportunity, could go higher for better scout) &/or a game cost (Eg; Must be a member).

ukrooster

Post by ukrooster » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:54 am

Klauts wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:05 am
ukrooster wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 am
In the first instance I'm talking about an even playing field of youth pull distribution, not financial. Look at those nations under 5%. Need all the help they can get. I don't see any Australia youth pull competitions. A few decent people around spending their own money trying to generate interest for these lower tier nations.

However, since you mentioned financial, I have seen in other online games, scouting could come at a management cost ($X per each weekly scout opportunity, could go higher for better scout) &/or a game cost (Eg; Must be a member).
And at this cost how do you even out the field as such?
I don’t see how this would even out the field , just looks like the richest manager can afford this , and member benefit should be a solid no
Again I was only talking about the pull chart and the % of pulls per country that was shown and evening that out, as USA U/20 manager, it concerns me. I can see a lot of pull comps at the moment, that sure is not the best solution for these smaller nations?

My above replay to you was a bit of finance banter, you started it, not me, and I said nothing about evening the playing field through an associated cost. I'm sorry you missed what I was saying above in my first reply, I thought I was clear. I don't really know how they would implement it, or the best way, I just thought it would be a good way to get more youth pull action for the smaller nations. A scout pointing there way may help, nay even things out on that percentage board!
Last edited by ukrooster on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ukrooster

Post by ukrooster » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:04 am

Klauts wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:00 am
Hold on no need to be rude, even with your explanation I don’t see how it evens out youth pulls
Read again.

ukrooster

Post by ukrooster » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 am

You keep replying too quickly. before I can reread what I have said. Sorry if you feel I was rude. Not really my intention.

In my head, you would go to your scout, the scout has all the mathetical data of what has been pulled or can be pulled, it will use an algorithm to evenly guide managers to different countries. Nothing is ever guaranteed, it is only a guide. (to even out the playing field)

Scout 1 - Go to USA, there are good options here (Could be in any category)
Scout 2 - Go to South Africa, it is spin friendly (Might find a spinner)
Scout 3 - Go to West Indies, Malcom Marshall wants to speak to you (Might find a seamer)

Might stop 20% of people only pulling England and Australian players and help other nations. Just a thought. As an example.

I don't know the mechanics or if its possible. I just want an even amount of people youth pulling for smaller nations. If those 1000+ can be more evenly distributed by having more managers poke around in the smaller nations looking for their next youth star, the better. There must be a treasure trove of stars in these nations if only more people would give them a chance.
Last edited by ukrooster on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ukrooster

Post by ukrooster » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:24 am

Klauts wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:18 am
I like this idea , but what input will national managers have?
Could you for example look at your options and say perhaps “I need more spin options, and maybe delegate that as preference?
That sounds good.
I really don't know how it would work to be honest. But I'm sure if it was at all possible then it would be good to get everyone's opinion on what it might look like, and how best it would work.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:40 pm

There is only one reason why it's not an even distribution and that's because paid up members only can select a players Nationality.
Replace that recently added feature with something else and the problem will be gone.
Otherwise if the game does attract more paid up members the problem will only keep getting bigger and bigger.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 am

The change has not caused the difference you see, in fact it has help reduce the gap
Australia was 5 times some of those teams but in the last 4 seasons it has reduce to barely twice many of them
I myself have started recruiting non Aussies with my affiliate to help
I chose the lowest recruiting nation of the last 6 weeks to make my decision
I urge everyone esp those with an affiliate to do the same
YR change.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 am

Your right, I worded it the wrong way.
When everyone had the option of selecting Nationality the gap was growing. The change to restrict non members to a random nation has made a good difference but still doesn't stop the problem (If it is really a prob).
Restrict everyone from choosing the players Nationality and there will be an even spread.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:48 am

boscorp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 am

Restrict everyone from choosing the players Nationality and there will be an even spread.
Not a chance of seeing that and rightly so.
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

ukrooster

Post by ukrooster » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 am
The change has not caused the difference you see, in fact it has help reduce the gap
Australia was 5 times some of those teams but in the last 4 seasons it has reduce to barely twice many of them
I myself have started recruiting non Aussies with my affiliate to help
I chose the lowest recruiting nation of the last 6 weeks to make my decision
I urge everyone esp those with an affiliate to do the same

YR change.png
Definitely good to see.

I think people would find some nice surprises choosing a lesser nation. I myself have had some decent luck with Netherlands previously and 2 decent pulls in a row with USA.