Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.
TopManager

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by TopManager » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:49 am

Collywobbles wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:48 am
Champions!

A youthful Zimbabwe side won 4 out 5 matches and finished top of the division 3 table to secure promotion back to div 2.
Some stunning individual performances in games with Matthew Frank leading the way with a brilliant all round performance - 111 runs at 55 with the bat and 8 wickets at 14.12 with the ball while also taking 2 catches for good measure! Frank is 28.
A brilliant century on debut from Chamu Ngidhi was a highlight, while our senior keeper, Wian Drinnen, scored 150 runs in 3 games at an average of 50 batting at 6. The 27 year old pair Marc Hirsch and Cabous Maddox both made a 50 in their first senior tournament at the top of the order.
In the bowling dept, the 27 year old wristy Collis Jansen topped the charts with 9 wickets in 4 games at 19.67 with an er of only 4.42. 28 year old quick Shinagyi Mazema took 8 at only 11.62 with an er of 3.77, while 28 year old Keyran Glynn's first tournament saw him pick up 6 at 19 with an er of only 3.8.

With so many relative youngsters performing well, the risk of getting rid of longer serving players worked and gives the team a core of players for the next 3-4 seasons.
:clap

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:12 pm

A much improved showing in the T20 with 2 wins in our 5 games (compared to zero in the last tournament!). We won our first and last games, but had some disappointing performances with the bat in the other 3 games. Overall we finished bottom, which is hugely disappointing, given our odi performances, but we were level on points with 3 other sides and one more win would have seen us promoted.

Some of the bowling performances were spectacular. Haldane took 8 wickets in 3 games at an average of 6! Jansen 5 in 2 at just under 9, with everyone, other than our medium pacer, chipping in with wickets and decent economy rates. Batting wise, only really Mayes, with 97 runs in 4 games at 32 impressed.

Overall, we have bowling options to compete at any level, but our batting is lacking and either I or the next manager of the national team will need to work out how we can improve this.

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:21 pm

We came close to promotion from division 2 with net run rate narrowly keeping us out of the top flight.

We continued to be bold with selection with only 5 players over the age of 30 and some younger players that will stand us in good stead for the future. We aren’t a million miles away from promotion to the top flight.

epcguy

Post by epcguy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:36 pm

Good going pal. First priority is to not relegate so staying in Div 2 at least gives you a shot next time and good points towards World Cup :clap
Staindrop Village Image YOD 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,48,49,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Season 47,49,50,51
Staindrop Rockets Image YOD 1.1 Champions Season 47,48,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,56
Zimbabwe Youth Manager Image U20 T20 World Cup Winners S55 & U20 One Day World Cup Winners S56

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:39 am

The World Cup squad has been announced. There are a few players very unlucky to miss out. Sorry to the managers of those players who have worked hard to develop them.

It’s going to be an incredibly tough test with us in a group with New Zealand (ranked 1st in the world), Ireland (ranked 9), Canada (ranked 8), Netherlands (ranked 5th) and West Indies (ranked 4th). We’ve moved from 18th in my time to 12th, but we’ll be huge underdogs.

The squad is a squad for now, but with 8 players under the age of 29 and a 26 year old in the squad, we have plenty of players who will form the core of Zimbabwe cricket over the next 3-4 seasons.

The squad is as follows:

Bats:

Hirsch
Kamangeru
Khumalo
Macauley
Maddox
Maragwede
Mayes

Keepers

Drinnen
Nghidi

Bowlers

Glynn
Jansen
Van Der Linde
Frank
Haldane
Muzadzi
Mzema
Nyasango
Phiri

Let’s hope we can upset the odds.

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:21 pm

Our World Cup ended with 2 wins out of 5. With 2 narrow wins at the end after the tournament started with a heavy defeat against New Zealand. Our batting was once more our Achilles heel. The fact that none of our players finished in the top 30 for batting says it all. <br />
On the bowling front, Mzema, Jansen and the 26 year old Muzadzi all finished in the top 30. Both Mzema and Jansen took 8 wickets in 3 games, with Muzadzi chipping in with 7. Jansen’s 5-32 was a highlight.
<br />
My 2 season term will end and I’m likely to give someone else a go, mainly because I’m not happy with our t20 form where we remain 18/18. We’ve made massive progress in 50 overs, going from bottom to 12th and qualifying for the World Cup. We have a much younger squad that the next manager will benefit from.
<br />
I’d encourage the next manager to look at some of the emerging talent - batting wise, Colreavy, Mangwende, Mlambo, Nkala, Sakara & Thyssen are all good ages and merit a further look, if not inclusion in the squad.
Bowling wise, Goss, Mbiri, Mostert & Sibanda may be added to what is already a young bowling line up. Ideally we need a couple of all rounders.
The squad itself though probably only has one player at almost 32 who has played his final tour.
<br />
If I step aside and the new manager would like help from someone who knows the scene, I’d love to continue to be involved, maybe as assistant and I’d love to come back and manage again in the future. I’m passionate about Zimbabwean cricket and with our under 20 manager doing a superb job, the future is brighter than when I took over. Thanks for electing me and I hope I’ve repaid the faith

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:18 pm

Good luck to those standing in the election.
We have an exceptional young squad that’s close to great things if we’re patient.
I hope one of my assistants stand. Either Topmanager or FritsNL would be great candidates and I hope they gain support if they stand.

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:13 am

Great to see quality candidates putting themselves forward for the Zimbabwe job.
Good luck to those standing. :clap

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:29 pm

Congratulations to FristNL who is the new national manager :clap

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Worth mentioning a good odi tournament again for a very young team. 3 wins, 2 losses. Not quite enough to promote to div one, but a great job :clap

epcguy

Elections

Post by epcguy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:32 am

Who ever takes/wins the election needs to start posting on the furum....no actions since last December and not a word about squads ect or what it takes to make the squad....disappointing
Staindrop Village Image YOD 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,48,49,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Season 47,49,50,51
Staindrop Rockets Image YOD 1.1 Champions Season 47,48,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,56
Zimbabwe Youth Manager Image U20 T20 World Cup Winners S55 & U20 One Day World Cup Winners S56

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:22 am

I’ve nominated to take on Zimbabwe, as I couldn’t believe in 55 seasons of FTP Zimbabwe have won 0 titles! So I’m keen on the challenge. That being said I wouldn’t be much different to other managers re: this forum communication. Sure it would be good to get regular updates but we’re all busy with real life stuff as well and these forums are dead basically. Some countries haven’t had posts for months.

The community on discord has gone way past these forums and the people really following nats are all on there.

MOD-quirkilyalive
MOD

Post by MOD-quirkilyalive » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:33 am

Chezza wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:22 am
I’ve nominated to take on Zimbabwe, as I couldn’t believe in 55 seasons of FTP Zimbabwe have won 0 titles! So I’m keen on the challenge. That being said I wouldn’t be much different to other managers re: this forum communication. Sure it would be good to get regular updates but we’re all busy with real life stuff as well and these forums are dead basically. Some countries haven’t had posts for months.

The community on discord has gone way past these forums and the people really following nats are all on there.
you'll have to create an election thread on the forums as per the rules for your nomination to be registered regardless
United XI|Blobs of Metal|West Indies NAT Manager
Becoming more irritating, post by post

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:49 am

MOD-quirkilyalive wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:33 am

you'll have to create an election thread on the forums as per the rules for your nomination to be registered regardless
Yes well aware of the rules, just had surgery today. I’ll get on to it tonight
Last edited by Chezza on Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MOD-quirkilyalive
MOD

Post by MOD-quirkilyalive » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:51 am

ah alright, just wanted to be sure. hope you're feeling alright:)
United XI|Blobs of Metal|West Indies NAT Manager
Becoming more irritating, post by post