Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.
Chezza

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by Chezza » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:11 am

MOD-quirkilyalive wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:51 am
ah alright, just wanted to be sure. hope you're feeling alright:)
Thanks Quirky, nothing major. Had a second toenail removed from my foot. Only the second one the doctor has seen like that in 40 odd years so a bit bizarre.

epcguy

Post by epcguy » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:49 pm

Chezza wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:22 am
I’ve nominated to take on Zimbabwe, as I couldn’t believe in 55 seasons of FTP Zimbabwe have won 0 titles! So I’m keen on the challenge. That being said I wouldn’t be much different to other managers re: this forum communication. Sure it would be good to get regular updates but we’re all busy with real life stuff as well and these forums are dead basically. Some countries haven’t had posts for months.

The community on discord has gone way past these forums and the people really following nats are all on there.
Strange comment...Im Nat Youth Manager and we not on discord so why not use forums???? so you no different then no good to help raise communication
Staindrop Village Image YOD 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,48,49,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Season 47,49,50,51
Staindrop Rockets Image YOD 1.1 Champions Season 47,48,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,56
Ex Zimbabwe Youth Manager Image U20 T20 World Cup Winners S55 & U20 One Day World Cup Winners S56

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:43 pm

You’ve done an amazing job epcguy with comms to managers and we definitely at least need to be publishing expectations for Nat players and also explaining the strategy - do we go with youth (there are some superb under 26 players coming through) or pick our best squad to try and have a crack at the World Cup. Either way, managers developing players need to understand what we’re aiming for. I know the person standing has mentioned his frustration at seeing his keeper overlooked. Better comms with managers would help those investing in Zimbabwe players

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:37 pm

epcguy wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:49 pm
Chezza wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:22 am
I’ve nominated to take on Zimbabwe, as I couldn’t believe in 55 seasons of FTP Zimbabwe have won 0 titles! So I’m keen on the challenge. That being said I wouldn’t be much different to other managers re: this forum communication. Sure it would be good to get regular updates but we’re all busy with real life stuff as well and these forums are dead basically. Some countries haven’t had posts for months.

The community on discord has gone way past these forums and the people really following nats are all on there.
Strange comment...Im Nat Youth Manager and we not on discord so why not use forums???? so you no different then no good to help raise communication
No argument that there needs to be more follow up on players. Given you guys have just won the T20 U20 WC there needs to be a better path to seniors. I’ve had no one contact me ever on my Zimbabwe keeper even though he’s one of the top players in the game. It goes both ways though, you can upset people by tell them how to train their player so there needs to be a balance.

In any event, doesn’t matter how good you train them if you don’t give them games in seniors anyway as experience is almost the most important “training” aspect.

As for the forums if the preference for communication is here I’ll post on these forums instead. But overwhelmingly the FTP community base has moved across to discord.

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:14 pm

Hello all!

I’m excited to be taking over the Zimbabwe seniors. Hopefully we can have some solid success going forward, following the great work of the U20 guys at the recent U20 WC.

I have analysed and made changes to the squad. It’s a highly unusual situation we find ourselves in. In summary the batting outlook is far better than the bowling.

We are extremely stocked in quality WC bats, keepers and RFM all-rounders.

However, looking forward we are extremely weak in the spin department particularly for WS. Our right arm fasties are ok, but we have no left arm fasties at all in the pipeline. So as much as I’m not a fan of playing oldies near 31 yo Mzema might have to cop a number of plops before he’s out of the squad.

I’m happy to discuss any player you may think should be in the squad and how far off they may be, advice on training or just a general question on Zimbabwe nats I’ll always respond to all your queries in the game messages and on the forums here.

Looking forward to engaging with you all.

Cheers,
Chezza

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:36 pm

Mzema’s senior record is superb. I think I picked him at 26 and he’s been great for us.
Matshikwe , Mugeyi & Sibanda could do with fielding being sorted but look ok in the spin dept. Sibanda is a classic example of poor training though.
Take a look at Sas Rabie as a left arm wristie - his club manager needs to train endurance but he’ll be ok with a pop.
None are long term options

Julian Haymes would add a touch of batting in the wrist spin dept

The managers of Alan Siggs, Paddy Perraton, Excellent kambarami & Cobus Lillie are all important to make sure they don’t waste those talents.

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:32 am

Collywobbles wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:36 pm
Take a look at Sas Rabie as a left arm wristie - his club manager needs to train endurance but he’ll be ok with a pop.
None are long term options

Julian Haymes would add a touch of batting in the wrist spin dept

The managers of Alan Siggs, Paddy Perraton, Excellent kambarami & Cobus Lillie are all important to make sure they don’t waste those talents.
Really good analysis.
I had Sas Rabie in, but have since taken out. His manager 2001 (Newball Slappers) a former rival of mine in Ireland has completely disappeared. Hasn’t logged in since March this year (having been regularly logging in up to then). Most importantly I hope he is ok and just taking a break from the game.

As a pavilion member his players won’t end up as “homeless” until his membership expires. This means however Rabie is trained will stay. So no chance of getting his endurance improved. Unfortunately same applies to Perraton and Sithole who looked like 100% future nats.

Haymes is certainly handy and not far off the squad. Lillie is definitely next in line after this batch as he has good experience for his age. Siggs and Kambarami look good future players for us, so will definitely followup there.

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:50 am

Really frustrating. With a limited pool it’s annoying when players slip through the net

epcguy

Post by epcguy » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:10 pm

Nice to see you boys hit the ground running..

I have been concerned about Newball Slappers also...a great contributor and seems out of character to go missing...also hope all is well.

If we can help in anyway please shout.
Staindrop Village Image YOD 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,48,49,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Season 47,49,50,51
Staindrop Rockets Image YOD 1.1 Champions Season 47,48,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,56
Ex Zimbabwe Youth Manager Image U20 T20 World Cup Winners S55 & U20 One Day World Cup Winners S56

samir

Post by samir » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:16 am

Hi guys ... is he of any use to you ? I'm guessing not, but better to ask.

www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=2312136

26y1w | 39,592 rating | $12,082 wage (9.5% discount)

Left hand batsman | Right arm Fast medium
Talents Opener
Nationality Zimbabwe
Form reasonable
Fatigue passable
Experience average
Captaincy capable

Skills
Batting exceptional Endurance capable
Bowling dreadful Technique outstanding
Keeping poor Power poor
Fielding reasonable

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:19 am

samir wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:16 am
Hi guys ... is he of any use to you ? I'm guessing not, but better to ask.

www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=2312136

26y1w | 39,592 rating | $12,082 wage (9.5% discount)

Left hand batsman | Right arm Fast medium
Talents Opener
Nationality Zimbabwe
Form reasonable
Fatigue passable
Experience average
Captaincy capable

Skills
Batting exceptional Endurance capable
Bowling dreadful Technique outstanding
Keeping poor Power poor
Fielding reasonable
Hey mate thanks for your enquiry.

But no, he’s a very long way off. I’ll put up on the Zimbabwe home page the minimum requirements soon.

samir

Post by samir » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:34 am

Chezza wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:19 am

But no, he’s a very long way off. I’ll put up on the Zimbabwe home page the minimum requirements soon.
Thanks man, That'll be very helpful

Collywobbles

Post by Collywobbles » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:00 pm

samir wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:34 am
Chezza wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:19 am

Thanks man, That'll be very helpful
If you want any help training players, give any of us involved a shout.

Chezza

Post by Chezza » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:27 am

Hi all,

Starting my first tenure in Zimbabwe Nat Seniors I thought if it would be best to set out some minimum standards for future Nat players. Two key areas that managers don't always train well is Fielding and Experience. So I have them listed first:

Fielding
We're looking at Spectacular level as a minimum. Outstanding fielders and below would need to have skills above the level of others to be considered.

Experience
We're looking at Outstanding as a minimum. Expert and accomplished experienced players would need to have standard skills at least a level beyond to be even considered.

Batsman
Primary Exceptional, Technique Exceptional. Batting is decent, however long term lacking guys with batting talents. A good guide is the minimum wage for batsman (17k wage). Guys with good batting talents will be favoured over those with none.

Wicketkeepers
We're decently stocked for keepers. Minimum standard for Keeping is Exceptional. Keepers with higher fielding will be favoured.

Seam Bowlers
Minimum levels for fast bowlers are Exceptional bowling, Exceptional technique. Fast bowlers, and right arm fast mediums with a talent will be favoured. However Zimbabwe doesn't have many. Mediums that don't have a talent/and or can't bat won't be considered.

Spin Bowlers
We're not overly strong in the spin department. Minimum levels are Exceptional bowling, Exceptional technique. Wrist spinners favoured over finger spinners.

All-rounders
Overall summaries are a better guide for all-rounders. Minimum summary level Spectacular batting, Exceptional bowling.

Endurance
Minimum level Spectacular. For keepers Exceptional.

Strength
Minimum level Outstanding. May make exceptions for younger players if worthy at 25/26.

Always happy to discuss these levels in game through 'Mail' or here in the forums.

Cheers,
Chezza

radar

Post by radar » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:10 pm

How far off the pace is this guy? Meets all the minimums (sturdy making up for low endurance).

stresseddesserts >> Grunter Pavy >> Details
Player Info
27y13w | 65,194 rating | $20,836 wage (0% discount)

Right hand batsman | Right arm Wrist spin

Talents Sturdy
Nationality Zimbabwe Zimbabwe
Form reasonable
Fatigue revived
Experience spectacular
Captaincy accomplished
Skills Summary
Batsman exceptional
Bowler ordinary
Keeper ordinary
Allrounder average