Season 53 Best and Fairest

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.
boscorp

Season 53 Best and Fairest

Post by boscorp » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Welcome to the new season everyone. :party
Congratulations to all who promoted and commiserations to those that demoted. Feel free to come here and share your league and cup experiences both good and bad.
Once again we look to be hosting some of the strongest leagues in the game. Let's enjoy the season.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

quirkilyalive

Re: Season 53 Best and Fairest

Post by quirkilyalive » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:25 am

boscorp wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:29 pm
Welcome to the new season everyone. :party
Congratulations to all who promoted and commiserations to those that demoted. Feel free to come here and share your league and cup experiences both good and bad.
Once again we look to be hosting some of the strongest leagues in the game. Let's enjoy the season.
First division one game for me in a few hours, good luck boscorp, hope for a cracking fixture:)
United XI|Blobs of Metal|West Indies NAT Manager
Becoming more irritating, post by post

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:16 am

And what a cracker of a match it was. I was confident in the lead up but your bowlers took control of the home ground wicket and outclassed my side. I'll be keen to make up for it in our return match.

heppa

Post by heppa » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:15 am

Good luck to everyone this season.

I will be aiming to win both senior leagues. Started off with a scare in T20 and a win in SOD.
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:35 pm

boscorp wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:16 am
And what a cracker of a match it was. I was confident in the lead up but your bowlers took control of the home ground wicket and outclassed my side. I'll be keen to make up for it in our return match.
The return match will be during tour week so who knows what might happen to your two windies lads then;) Good luck for the season!

The match had a total of eleven drops, and I had dropped 8 of them, including two of the first two balls. You dropped your first in over 31 and I had dropped 7 by that point in your innings. That was rather concerning and disappointing but the batting made me happy. wa Thiongo had been my star last season and happy he could keep the form up against a tougher opposition as well.
United XI|Blobs of Metal|West Indies NAT Manager
Becoming more irritating, post by post

heppa

Post by heppa » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:25 am

Just noticed we have the #1 ranked SOD league, and #3 T20 league in the game. Interesting.
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:06 am

heppa wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:25 am
Just noticed we have the #1 ranked SOD league, and #3 T20 league in the game. Interesting.
I think we have been ranking well for a few seasons now with the lower divs ranking well also.
I think the dragons are looking to be in a good position to win both leagues again this season along with another strong cup run. Meanwhile I'm suffering another slow start to my season with just 1 win from 4 senior matches leaving me to likely battle it out with tempest who are suffering a similar fate. Lastly the Hacks continue to be out of favour with the cricket gods after their slump in results has extended into this season.
It's looking to be another bumper season where the final standings could easily end up in any order.