Season 50 - Time to stop Covid

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Season 50 - Time to stop Covid

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:04 am

Seems the last 2 seasons has seen the rise of Covid and not just in real life
Lets see if someone can slow him down this season

SOD
I am back in DIV2 after a decent effort in DIV1 last season.
I am the second best team in my div so looking to challenge for a spot back in the top tier next season.

ST20
Also back in DIV2 but on the way up.
I am slightly the best side this time around so again looking to challenge for promotion again.

YOD
I am the 7th ranked side but not many 20yo to lose this season so hoping for pm at least.

YT20
The 5th ranked side and had a terrible season last one to just hang on.
Hoping for a solid finish here as well.
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

heppa

Re: Season 50 - Time to stop Covid

Post by heppa » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:22 am

Div 1 for both SOD and T20 this season. There's every possibility I care less for the cup and focus on senior leagues this season.

Really looking forward to this season.
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:34 pm

Noo, focus on another cup run heppa. You came so close.
The senior comps feels to have steadily gotten stronger over the last few seasons and I'm feeling a bit vulnerable to relegation this season. With only a small squad and a few lacking experience I will be relying on nabbing a few wins against those in the cup as the season goes along.
My youth t20 side is up in div3 for the season which will have them pressured but with only 1 change in the side next week and another 3 late as the season finishes I can only hope for a few good individual performances for them to cherish in years to come.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

heppa

Post by heppa » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:57 am

boscorp wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:34 pm
The senior comps feels to have steadily gotten stronger over the last few seasons and I'm feeling a bit vulnerable to relegation this season. With only a small squad and a few lacking experience I will be relying on nabbing a few wins against those in the cup as the season goes along.
My youth t20 side is up in div3 for the season which will have them pressured but with only 1 change in the side next week and another 3 late as the season finishes I can only hope for a few good individual performances for them to cherish in years to come.
I never get lucky with the cup. There's always a last hurdle I seem to falter at.

Chrisgold

Post by Chrisgold » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:02 am

Promoted to div 2 in the seniors in both formats.

Looking to use this season for growth before challenging fo a div 1 spot in both formats in the next season or two.

Lost focus in the youths but will hopefully not be relegated again this season and start to build a bit again to try and go back to at least div 2.
Current SA Senior manager. World T20 Champion S44
Former SA U20 Manager. World T20 winner as assistant. Multiple time international Finalist and semi finalist.
Maximus Cricket Club/Maximus Warriors/Justice league Avengers/Maximus Warriors Next Gen

heppa

Post by heppa » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:53 am

boscorp wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:34 pm
You destroyed me in todays T20 game. I need to know what you did to get your bowlers to actually perform!?!?

B. Gurr (lws) 4-0-15-0, N. Shepherd 1 (1b), E. Ilyasova 26 (26b)
End of over 15 (4 runs) - Illawarra Dragons CC(89-4). 66 runs required from 5 overs. RR 5.93 RRR 13.20

All 11 of my players were completely useless. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come for my side.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:01 pm

You were favoured to win the match but the skipper just couldn't motivate your side. Luck was on my side with the toss and also setting a decent target. On the field I knew I had little to no chance of taking all ten wickets in 20 overs, so I had to keep your score down the other way...you weren't far off.
I'll take the win and run, it looks like a tight season ahead.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:13 am

SOD1 is showing every sign of another fiercely contested season.
The only real surprise this week was Covid sporting a good number of youths in the losing match against the Dragons to then play his seniors in the cup. (A massive win against a bot team).
I'm looking a fair chance of demotion this season unless I can inspire my lads to perform a bit better.

heppa

Post by heppa » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:40 am

boscorp wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:13 am
SOD1 is showing every sign of another fiercely contested season.
The only real surprise this week was Covid sporting a good number of youths in the losing match against the Dragons to then play his seniors in the cup. (A massive win against a bot team).
I'm looking a fair chance of demotion this season unless I can inspire my lads to perform a bit better.
I needed that confidence booster :lol:

I was a bit surprised by it too. I assume he just continues this throughout the cup - taking no chances on a cup upset. 7/7 losses could be a death sentence in this competition though.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 am

It appears that covid is mutating here in SA. It's difficult to say just yet whether it's shifting on to the youth or having more of an international impact via the MKMC.
Either way there has been a big sigh of relief from the majority of my senior squad.