Season 49 Rise of the King

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:08 am

Just need to do it for one more week and that would be great

More young lads outclassed by Boscorp this week, hopefully get a win again soon
T20 going well done in DIv 3
Youths lost both again and in the relegation firing line
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

boscorp
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am
Location: on the coast near the sea

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by boscorp » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed playing your lads in the SOD this week Crowfan.
They will definitely be title contenders in a few seasons time with a bit more experience, maybe earlier if they can sort there captaincy issues and avoid relegation.
2 wins for my seniors this week has been a good morale booster in the lead up to the T20 clash with Illawarra Dragons who are favourites on paper.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:12 am

my 2 accom captts are ok, one is almost expert and overall capt of my senior squad is mid cap too
Avoiding relegation in the first season is key with the age profile hopefully allowing me a few seasons to try and snatch a title
I do prefer the youth side of things but would like at least 1 senior title
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

boscorp
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am
Location: on the coast near the sea

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by boscorp » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 am

Yes, I was just suggesting Baer with his accomplished leadership and spectacular experience may likely have inspired the players a bit more into putting on an even better performance. He might of had a better perspective to fielding placements and also inspired a bit more concentration and improved the score whilst your side was batting.
I'm quite sure it makes a good difference in closer rated matches.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:00 am

On the face of it yeah but Gorko is very close to spec and the better capt in summary
Baer being the allrounder doesnt need the extra ftg either
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Reffraff
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: The last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by Reffraff » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:05 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:08 am
Just need to do it for one more week and that would be great
Guess what, Crowie? I did it again. In yesterday's T20. And once again against Covid19. Bummer.

Don't worry, one day your turn will come.
2nd reserve orange-boy at Tempest
Bus-driver in training for Goondiwindi

egan
Posts: 1879
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by egan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:13 am

Slow start for my seniors. 3-2 in the OD league, 2-3 in the T20s. Already 10pts behind in the T20s so hard to see us coming back from that. Into Round 6 in the Cup after getting home in a one wicket win yesterday. We’re fairly well represented in the MKMC with five of the last 64 teams. Not sure if anyone has ambitions of winning it, can’t see myself lasting much longer.

Youths got off to a flyer, 5-0 start in the OD league and 4-1 in the T20s. Have lost my four best players now through age promotion so the hot start is unlikely to continue but it was nice to take advantage while we were at our strongest. Not sure what to expect from the rest of the season.
Manager of Golden Hacks CC and Washington Generals; Image Former USA U19 Manager and Image Former SA Manager
Image Five Division 1 SOD titles (S29, S33, S34, S35, S46), Four Division 1 T20 titles (S34, S41, S44, S46) and one Division 1 Youth title (S30)

heppa
Posts: 19851
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:34 am
Location: Second Slip

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by heppa » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:09 am

egan wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:13 am
Slow start for my seniors. 3-2 in the OD league, 2-3 in the T20s. Already 10pts behind in the T20s so hard to see us coming back from that. Into Round 6 in the Cup after getting home in a one wicket win yesterday. We’re fairly well represented in the MKMC with five of the last 64 teams. Not sure if anyone has ambitions of winning it, can’t see myself lasting much longer.

Youths got off to a flyer, 5-0 start in the OD league and 4-1 in the T20s. Have lost my four best players now through age promotion so the hot start is unlikely to continue but it was nice to take advantage while we were at our strongest. Not sure what to expect from the rest of the season.
You weren't interested in continuing the cup run?

My guys have started well in their R6 match. Set 277 on a dry/hot against the Groundboys. They're a very good side though.
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:54 pm

I think I need to change the name to Season 49 Demise of the man who wanted to be King :lol: :(
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

boscorp
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am
Location: on the coast near the sea

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by boscorp » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:12 am

Your not out of it yet Crowfan. I was thinking at the start of the season that your boys needed another season or 2 to mature but they have competed fairly well and probably should be on 8 pts. A little bit of luck your way and you may well avoid demotion.
Meanwhile I've managed to find myself up in 1st as we approach the half, no doubt the MKMC has had a big role in that. It's another good tight competitive tussle at both ends of the ladder again this season.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:04 am

Definitely a couple of seasons too early, only a couple of guys over 25 in my squad but I wont concede just yet
Need to beat the teams around me to give me a chance
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

egan
Posts: 1879
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by egan » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:40 pm

heppa wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:09 am
egan wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:13 am
Slow start for my seniors. 3-2 in the OD league, 2-3 in the T20s. Already 10pts behind in the T20s so hard to see us coming back from that. Into Round 6 in the Cup after getting home in a one wicket win yesterday. We’re fairly well represented in the MKMC with five of the last 64 teams. Not sure if anyone has ambitions of winning it, can’t see myself lasting much longer.

Youths got off to a flyer, 5-0 start in the OD league and 4-1 in the T20s. Have lost my four best players now through age promotion so the hot start is unlikely to continue but it was nice to take advantage while we were at our strongest. Not sure what to expect from the rest of the season.
You weren't interested in continuing the cup run?

My guys have started well in their R6 match. Set 277 on a dry/hot against the Groundboys. They're a very good side though.
Fatigue was starting to build up on my bowlers and I really have no bowling depth this season, pretty much need to run with the same five, so didn’t think I’d be able to continue the run. In retrospect I definitely should have played the two bowlers going on international break next week, my opponent didn’t play a particularly strong side and the next week I would’ve had a good chance, so probably a missed opportunity.

Your guys are rolling along nicely, squad looks good and a pretty dominant performance on the weekend. Home game next week also comes in handy. Obviously you need a bit of luck when it gets to this stage of the tournament but think you’re as good a chance as anyone left.
Manager of Golden Hacks CC and Washington Generals; Image Former USA U19 Manager and Image Former SA Manager
Image Five Division 1 SOD titles (S29, S33, S34, S35, S46), Four Division 1 T20 titles (S34, S41, S44, S46) and one Division 1 Youth title (S30)

boscorp
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am
Location: on the coast near the sea

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by boscorp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:03 pm

I've got Covid19 this week in both variants.
I managed a tie in the 1st round of the T20 but aren't too confident in breaking their undefeated streak.
I'll be trying my hardest to keep my head up in the SOD, with some stronger opponants below me I can see myself easily sliding down to 4th or 5th spot if a bit more luck doesn't come my way. This week I'll be hoping that Covid19 is too distracted after being knocked out of the Cup.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

boscorp
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am
Location: on the coast near the sea

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by boscorp » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:03 am

T20.1 and I've found myself 4pts behind the leader in 4th place with a clear 10pt advantage over 5th and 6th. I feel that's as close as I'll get this season with the 3 sides above me putting out strong performances each week.
SOD1 sees me with a 4pt lead and only 8pts clear of 6th. It's been a highly competitive season likely to be relying on NRR to split the sides.
Odds are I'll be resting a few different players from the T20 fixtures to ensure my older fellas can be at their best for the OD's.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Season 49 Rise of the King

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:29 pm

Well div 1 has certainly started to turn
Boscorp losing his last 3 and me winning my last 3 has certainly made it more interesting
I play Tempest this week who surely owes me a 'forgot to set orders' by now

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Post Reply