NAT Discussion and Announcements

A place for players in Pakistan to communicate.
Adeelch1

Re: NAT Discussion and Announcements

Post by Adeelch1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:48 am

alsybaba wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:20 pm
Bit gutting to get more votes and less weighting to lose this election.
Would have got a guy that knows instantly the senior NAT game.
Also sad to see the ex-manager still cares more than the current one does!

Alsy
This is his first time as NAT Manager so I am sure he deserves some time.

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:59 pm

Hi everyone. Today’s match did not turn out well for us. We were outclassed in batting, bowling, and fielding. 1 middle order collapse, and everything went downhill from there. We tried to go for an aggressive approach to score somewhere between 160-170, but Scotland’s spin department kept our batting in check. However, we kept fatigue in mind and will look to bounce back in our next match with a stronger team. Apologies again, and my assistants and I will ensure that we will perform well for the duration of our tour in the West Indies. We also have unanimously agreed to bring back Azizullah Hussain for our next available tour. Thank you everyone for your patience, and I apologize and take full responsibility for our result today.

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:06 pm

Congratulations to everyone on a good victory vs South Africa. The bowling was good and was able to restrict South Africa to a manageable total, and a great innings from the new captain Imtiaz Asad, and an attacking innings from Jalal Awais helped get Pakistan their first victory in the West Indies. Good bowling from Kashif Jadoon as well. I want to give credit to my assistants, Furqan and Adeel. They’ve been working very hard with me to implement strategies to ensure we can produce more positive results. Thank you again everyone, and In Sha Allah we will look to get more wins and get closer to the top.

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Congratulations again to everyone who is supporting Pakistan, and who have been patient with the team. Today’s victory over the leading team Ireland has shown that Pakistan has the capability to defeat anyone. Especially with different match tactics. Going in with 4 spinners on a fast bowler’s pitch caught Ireland off guard, and our batting finally showed promises of stability and strength. Again, I need to credit Furqan and Adeel, the assistant Managers. They are incredibly smart when it comes to setting match tactics and giving me strategies which I never thought of using. Alhumdulillah, we have won. And In Sha Allah, we will defeat Zimbabwe and get closer to the top of the table.

Regards,
Ahsan

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:39 pm

What a finish to this tour. Pakistan has defeated Zimbabwe, to now win 3 consecutive T20I matches, and to finish the table at #3. I can’t even begin to tell you all how happy I feel to help Pakistan win. I also can’t thank my assistants enough, because they’ve had my back even when times were tough. Adeel and Furqan, these 2 men have helped change how the Pakistan team has been performing. They have helped me implement strategies that again, I would have never thought of. And after our defeat to the West Indies, my assistants and I vowed that we would defeat the rest of the teams on our schedule. To all the fans of Pakistan cricket, In Sha Allah we will perform much better in our next tours so that we can move up the rankings and play against better teams. Again, thank you again to all of the Pakistan supporters and fans. These 3 victories are for you <3!!

Adeelch1

Post by Adeelch1 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:46 pm

Thank you Ahsan, we fell just short but we had a good tournament. Hoping team will continue the momentum.

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:59 pm

3 straight National ODI wins and what a way to win this game vs Bangladesh. After a terrific bowling performance, we restricted Bangladesh to a modest 209, but in chasing Pakistan had lost 4 wickets for just 29 runs. Excellent innings from Nasir Rahim, Azizullah Hussain, and a patient innings from Yusuf Ahmed helped ensure that we could come back into the game. Allah Hu Akbar!

Shahzaday11

Post by Shahzaday11 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:19 am

Good luck for the next game.
Nat Manager Pak (S47-50)
Nat Assist Pak (S42-S46), SA (S51-S52), SL(S53-S56)
PSL Winning Manager (PSL 2,4,7&9)
Youth 1.1 title S55

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:14 pm

Hello everyone, big match tomorrow vs West Indies. If we win, we are one-step closer to a T20 Promotion. Also, we have a friendly lined up against India 🇮🇳!

Ahsan1999

Post by Ahsan1999 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:44 pm

Hello everyone, after the last tour, we’re doing some squad renovations and trying to gather new players as we are replacing the elders who are starting to lose their primaries.

We’ve also scheduled some friendlies and have a 2 match series vs India. I want to take this time and ask for 2 volunteers to join myself and Adeel in being part of the national team as an Assisstant. Adeel and I have a WhatsApp group chat where we discuss plans and strategies. Please let me know if you’re interested and reach out to me.

Kind regards,
Ahsan

TDC

Post by TDC » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:22 am

Hello to all Pakistan supporters!

It's been a minute since this thread was updated as NAT team related discussion had moved to the FTP Pakistan discord server. However, it's time to revive this since not everyone is in the server.

A good time to update too, as Pakistan head into the first One Day tour of the season- hosted by Zimbabwe. The national side prepared by playing several friendly one day matches before the tour, managing some decent victories.

Tour Overview: https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... 11922#curr

27th March 2023-31st March 2023 with matches being played at 13:00.
Conditions: Hard, Slow, Crumbling

Squad:

Batsmen: Munawar Rahim, Aamir Sohail, Inzamam ul-Haq, Jamal Abdullah, Mohammad Yousuf, Ata Naseem, Rahat Qudsi,

Keepers: Yusuf Ahmad, Qazi Mulla

Allrounders:
Pace: Naeem Rashid, Tony Stark
Spin: Azizullah Hussain, Jaleel Mahboob

Bowlers:
Pace: Shuja Ul-Ghani, Sarwar Saeed, Shaukat Ansari, Fazl Alvi
Spin: Riaz Sikander

Pitches:
v Netherlands: Hard
v Zimbabwe: Slow
v West Indies: Crumbling
v Bangladesh: Hard
v USA: Hard

A number of the old boys heading into their final few tours this season unfortunately. Hence, the side is entering into a transitional phase. Keep supporting the national team!
Last edited by TDC on Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hopelessly struggling manager for Misfits & Time Travelling Circus

TDC

Post by TDC » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:30 am

Match 1: Netherlands v Pakistan
https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=6486905

Date: 27th March 2023, 13:00
Weather: Cloudy
Pitch: Hard

Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first as the tour kicked off with the opening game against Netherlands.

Despite losing an early wicket, Pakistan muscled their way to 113/1 at the 19 over mark- largely due to opener Inzamam ul-Haq's counter attacking innings. However, his dismissal in the next over provided the Dutch bowlers with an opening and they took full advantage, taking regular wickets to apply pressure on the Pakistani batting lineup. At the 27 over mark, the score stood at 150/5 with the run rate slowly declining as well. That's when middle order bat Mohammad Yousuf and allrounder Naeem Rashid joined hands in a recovery effort. They combined in an excellent 102 run match saving partnership, with Yousuf especially fluent, scoring an unbeaten 87 off just 77 deliveries. Pakistan finished at an imposing 308/8 after 50 overs.

In their reply, the Dutch openers started brightly, scoring at a good rate with the score at 48/0 after 8 overs. However, in the following over, pacer Shaukat Ansari found the breakthrough that Pakistan was looking for. It was a sign of things to come as in his next two overs, Ansari took two more wickets. He would go on to finish with a 6 wicket haul in a brilliant spell that ripped through the Dutch batting lineup. Ansari's punches (including a three wicket 35th over that saw the Dutch crumple from 199/5 to 205/8) meant that the Netherlands chase never recovered, despite captain Jorrik van Beeck's resistant half century. Ultimately, Netherlands was bowled out for 215 in 38 overs.

Pakistan won by 93 runs.
Man of the match: Shaukat Ansari - 6/41

Match Ratings:
Netherlands Pakistan
Batting - Top Order 15,617 15,500
Batting - Middle Order 12,422 13,961
Batting - Tail 4,921 5,569
Bowling - Seam 15,024 (50) 15,409 (40)
Bowling - Spin 0 (0) 15,360 (10)
Fielding/Keeping 14,412 17,506
Overall 245,280 264,068

I hope you've enjoyed reading this summary and congratulations to all Pakistani supporters on a strong start to the tour!

MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:51 am

Brilliant performance by Shaukat Ansari and a good win for Pakistan.
ImageNAT Manager
Image2-time NAT ODI WC winner

TDC

Post by TDC » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 am

Match 2: Zimbabwe v Pakistan
https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=6486909

Date: 28th March, 13:00
Weather: Sunny
Pitch: Slow

Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat as the second match of the tour, against hosts Zimbabwe, commenced.

The openers found run scoring difficult on a slow pitch, as Zimbabwe's medium pacers kept things in check. Unable to find fluency, both fell cheaply and at the 15 over mark the score stood at 57/2. Allrounder Azizullah Hussain, promoted up the order, combined with captain Rahat Qudsi to steer the ship towards recovery. By the time the third wicket fell, they had kept the score ticking to 118/2 in 31 overs- even if neither innings would merit a T20 call up any time soon. Experienced campaigner Jamal Abdullah, realizing that the innings required some impetus if a good total was to be set, took it upon himself to play that role. He stroked 45 off 43 deliveries, effectively rotating strike even as wickets fell around him. However, it was a blistering lower order cameo by allrounder Tony 'Iron Man' Stark which ensured that Pakistan got over the par score in these conditions. His 30 off just 17 deliveries saw Pakistan finish at 235/8 in their 50 overs.

In response, the Zimbabwean openers were solid upfront, seeing off Pakistan's new ball bowlers while attempting to lay a platform for the next phase of the chase. They scored 44 for no loss in their first 10 overs. However, spinners Riaz Sikander and Azizullah Hussain counter punched, chipping away at the Zimbabwe batting lineup with two wickets apiece and not letting them get too comfortable. At the 30 over mark, Zimbabwe's chase stood at 127/4. However, middle order bats Dumisa Nkala and Wendell Stricker held their nerve, pushing the score to 163 in the next 7 overs. That's when medium pacer Tony Stark found the all important breakthrough, getting Nkala to nick to slip. Riaz Sikander soon followed with a two wicket over to swing the match back in Pakistan's favor (making a certain national team assistant teary eyed). Zimbabwe's chase lost direction and medium pacers Fazl Alvi and Tony Stark did the cleanup job, bowling out the hosts for 204 in 44.4 overs.

Pakistan won by 31 runs.
Man of the match: Tony Stark- 30*(17) & 3/40
Point of interest: Before the tour when the Pakistani press asked the national manager whether Tony Stark was ready for national duty, he famously replied 'If he's good enough for the Avengers, he's good enough for Pakistan!'.

Match Ratings:
Zimbabwe Pakistan
Batting - Top Order 14,534 14,800
Batting - Middle Order 13,954 14,033
Batting - Tail 8,445 7,102
Bowling - Seam 14,696 (30) 14,195 (20)
Bowling - Spin 14,893 (20) 15,126 (30)
Fielding/Keeping 17,511 17,179
Overall 265,696 261,948

A big game today against current table toppers West Indies. Keep supporting the green shirts people!

TDC

Post by TDC » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:19 am

Match 3: West Indies v Pakistan
https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=6486912

Date: 29th March, 13:00
Weather: Sunny
Pitch: Crumbling

Pakistan lost the toss and were put in to bat in their third match of the tour against a very good West Indies side.

On an unpredictable wicket, the openers started solidly, if cautiously. They put together a 60 run partnership off 103 deliveries and seemed to have laid a decent platform. However, Aamir Sohail's dismissal in the 17th over provided the West Indian bowlers with an opportunity to make inroads. They took full advantage- none more so than left arm spinner Dwayne Maynard. He spun a web around the Pakistani batting lineup, denting the middle order and cleaning up the tail in a devastating 6 wicket spell that only gave away 19 runs in 9.4 overs. Allrounder Azizullah Hussain tried to put together a lower order rear guard. However, he found no long term partners, left stranded on 22. Pakistan's dramatic collapse meant that they went from 60/0 to 131 all out in 37.4 overs. Once again, all bad things began with Aamir Sohail.

In reply, the West Indies openers took inspiration from their counterparts, combining for a solid 69 run partnership off 122 deliveries and denting Pakistan's hope in a small chase. Once again, it was Riaz Sikander who provided the breakthrough, dreaming of triggering a similar collapse in the West Indies batting lineup. Despite three quick fire wickets from stalwart paceman Shuja Ul-Ghani, that saw West Indies fall to 108/5 at the end of the 28th over, it was too little too late. The West Indian batsmen held their nerve, losing no further wickets and chasing down the target in 35.1 overs. Captain Nichollas Rampersad led from the front, scoring a defiant half century that denied Pakistan a chance at an unlikely defense, while keeping his team unbeaten in the tour so far.

West Indies won by 5 wickets.
Man of the match: Dwayne Maynard- 6/19
Pakistan player of the match: Shuja Ul-Ghani- 3/12

Match Ratings:
West Indies Pakistan
Batting - Top Order 14,991 14,507
Batting - Middle Order 13,680 13,669
Batting - Tail 6,840 5,729
Bowling - Seam 14,974 (20) 14,375 (30)
Bowling - Spin 14,974 (30) 14,367 (20)
Fielding/Keeping 17,807 16,946
Overall 263,501 252,585

Today's match against Bangladesh is now all the more important. Let's hope for a good showing!
Last edited by TDC on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.