England Senior NAT Discussion

A place for players in England to communicate.
Kaidus

Re: England Senior NAT Discussion

Post by Kaidus » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:54 am

First tour squad is below - the aim for this one is to stay in D1 so it is likely that the likes of Horne/Silva/Murphy, this will be their last OD tour depending on any plops over the next few weeks.

Batsmen
Gideon Wettenhall
Karl Langley
Francis Stimpson
Maxwell Cowmeadow
Fitzchivalry Farseer
Dinny Murphy
Lawrie Silva

Wicketkeepers
Shaun Rose
David Guthrie

Bowlers
Dodger Allitt
Mike Brodie
Jude Cawse
Moeen Hartley
Michael Horne
Josh Lalor
Carey Lyon
Hodor Parfitt
Zed Zeppelin

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:54 am

First game did not go well. Lost by 5 wickets on an Uneven/Windy.

NZ's wrist spinner somehow took 6 wickets on that pitch. The batting didn't seem to fire well at all.

Now it's time for the first of four crumblers so expecting our spinners to do well today.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:52 pm

2 games. 2 losses.

Quite simply, not good enough. Batting failed even more yesterday, with only one player scoring over 30, and even then that was 34. The bowlers did their best to try and salvage something, but in the end they were only able to salvage the run rate as Kenya knocked them off with ease, it was a lot easier for them than the "Won by 2 wickets" said.

Today is a must win v Bangladesh. Again gone for 3 spinners on an Overcast/Crumbling as the spinners were the standout yesterday. They won the toss and inserted us, and we are currently 155/6 with 6 overs remaining.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:43 pm

So...updates.

We went 3 from 3 to win out in OD1. Stayed up, in fact ended up finishing third. Our spinners bowled well on crumblers and I managed to plug a fix in the batting which meant bat first helped us out.

Now we move on to the only T20 tournament of the season. Games are being played on Uneven/Hard/Dry, which don't really suit us but we will do what we can. Squad to be announced early next week.

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Well done :thumbsup

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Apologies for the lateness of the squad announcement, as they currently play Game 1 against the West Indies on a Sunny/Uneven.

FitzChivalry Farseer
Sammy Honeybone
Karl Langley
Allan McCormack - DEBUT
Dinny Murphy
Lawrie Silva
Gideon Wettenhall
David Guthrie (wk)
Shaun Rose (wk)
Andrew Flintoff - DEBUT
Carey Lyon
Heath Patel - DEBUT
Thorpe Bradstreet - DEBUT
Jude Cawse
Josh Lalor
Usman Lampard
Allen Sim
Julian Wainwright - DEBUT

So 5 debutants in the squad and so far it seems to be going well, with the WI bowled out for 86 in the first game. Now it's over to our batsmen to get those runs, but the WI do seem stronger in their bowling, with 2xNBB and an OBB in their ranks.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:51 pm

2 wins from 2. Both very close.

Yesterday we bowled the WI out for 86. At one point in the chase we were 25/5 but Wettenhall finally showed up for England, with him and Flintoff steadying the ship and leaving us with 10 to win and 5 wickets in hand. Then it all went to rubbish again and we lost 3 wickets for 4 runs, before Cawse came in and somehow hit a 4 from his first ball to tie the game, before knocking off the winning run next ball. England won by 2 wickets.

Today we batted first against the Dutch and the batting fired this time, scoring 157/4 on a Humid/Uneven. The bowlers started well, with Cawse again going for a paltry 3 an over in the first few overs, and at the halfway stage they were 56/2, needing 102 from 10 overs. It was then that the ME started to take the proverbial again, but after 13 overs the Dutch still needed 84 from 7, then 74 from 6. Our debuting OBB still had three overs to bowl.

England won by 2! runs. :angry:

Never felt so disillusioned after a win ever.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 am

Lost yesterday. Batting collapsed again, losing the last 8 wickets for 40 runs.

Then got off to a cracking start by reducing Bermuda to 8-3. They got to the target without losing another wicket.

Must win today against New Zealand to have a hope of winning the title.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Mon May 03, 2021 12:10 pm

Managed to stay in D1 this year for the T20 and are in the T20 world cup by my calculations.

Today is the start of another OD tour, with Crumbling, Dry and Slow pitches. The squad is below:

Alex Allsopp
Thorpe Bradstreet
Jude Cawse
FitzChivalry Farseer
Andrew Flintoff
David Guthrie
Claye Hendrie
Michael Horne
Josh Lalor
Karl Langley
Carey Lyon
Allan McCormack
Tanwir McInnes
Hodor Parfitt
Heath Patel
Shaun Rose
Christian Schloss
Gideon Wettenhall

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Tue May 04, 2021 9:55 am

First game, first win.

A classy 88 from Farseer anchored us to a healthy 198ao batting first against the Dutch on a Windy/Crumbling pitch. In their reply, the Dutch were never able to really get going, and stumbled to 133ao after losing wickets regularly throughout the innings, with Cawse's 4-28 being the pick of the bowling.

Today we play Kenya on a Cloudy/Crumbling and hopefully will be able to continue our form.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:03 am

I know it's been ages since I popped up in here but there was no interaction and tbh I didn't see the point, especially when everyone who does post in here is in the Discord and I'm regularly in there.

Anyway, since that victory against Kenya we struggled in that particular OD series, staying up on NRR only.

The next event was the T20 World Cup where we made the semi finals with a clean sweep in the group matches but lost to the Windies in the semis despite massively outrating them, albeit on our weakest pitch at the time.

This season, however, has been much better. We came 3rd in the first OD series, and won both the T20 Div 1 and the 2nd OD Div 1. Now it's onto the World Cup.

I will be chopping and changing the squad over the next few weeks in preparation, as with the new form I'm seeing a lot of elite summary players and they come in as and when that happens.

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:11 pm

Another season down. We got nowhere in the OD World Cup. I was re-elected with one thing in mind, just win baby.

And I didn't. We came 3rd in OD1, 4th in T201 and then last and relegated in OD1 (2nd). Oops.

But somehow, unbelievably, we just WON THE T20 WORLD CUP!! :party :party :party

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:35 am

Well done :party