Suggestions Summary

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
berksowl

Re: Suggestions Summary

Post by berksowl » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:28 am

Time to revisit the idea of a youth cup competition? With the finance changes coming at the end of this season (S51), a youth cup would go some way towards adding balance to the game.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:22 am

We will see what happens with competitiveness in youths in the next season or so but you are probably right
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:49 pm

A few things that have been mentioned numerous times but not on the original post so I thought I would ask.

First class
Youth cup
Champions cup (div 1 champions all go against each other at EOS)
Additional nations being added
Additional staff such as coaches or ground staff

Just wanted to get a feel for these things because I know that they are all things that you want to add into the game but wasn't sure if they were in the "it's a great idea but probably not any time soon" category, or if they are in the "our team are actively working behind the scenes to bring this into the game" category.

I know you guys do a lot of hard work and I'm excited to see what happens next season with the new changes.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:30 am

targetting some bigger things at the moment, obv finances this EOS
And Fielding etc plus some other ME things for next season
If we get some time in between we will look at the more simpler things but if not it will be Ssn 53 for them and others

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:52 am

Klauts wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:54 am
Madcarrot wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:49 pm
A few things that have been mentioned numerous times but not on the original post so I thought I would ask.

First class
Youth cup
Champions cup (div 1 champions all go against each other at EOS)
Additional nations being added
Additional staff such as coaches or ground staff

Just wanted to get a feel for these things because I know that they are all things that you want to add into the game but wasn't sure if they were in the "it's a great idea but probably not any time soon" category, or if they are in the "our team are actively working behind the scenes to bring this into the game" category.

I know you guys do a lot of hard work and I'm excited to see what happens next season with the new changes.
I see first class is raised again, but again these concepts are used in poor cousins of FTP, why are we looking to make a great product like a lesser light?
Tbh there is a reason this game is leaps ahead , and would be a brave decision to make it more like (IMO) failing ventures .
I wouldn't see it as making it more like other games.

This is a cricket game and as Test Cricket is the highest and purest form of cricket I think incorporating it into FTP is a natural progression for the game. If it is able to be brought in and done well then I don't think we are imitating other games. But that's just my humble opinion.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:20 am

Doing it right is the key, we have a way we want it to work and can be an opt out if you wish or maybe an opt in is a better way to put it.

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:01 am

Always been a fan of the youth cup idea.

berksowl

Post by berksowl » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:35 pm

Any timeline for piloting certain ideas, such as a youth cup?

As my clubs are youth-focused, I'd love to see the youth cup. One bummer is that prize money is not great for youth teams. A youth cup would presumably add prize money, though granted it's only fair that it youth cup prize dollars should be lower than MKMC prizes.

Adding new nations is tricky. In principle, I love the idea, as cricket is a world game and nations like Nepal have made huge progress in RL cricket and can beat some of FTP's existing nations on their day. But the balance of NAT competitions is already tenuous. For example when Australia or England play many other nations, the sheer size of the player pool is 2x. Adding more nations without somehow drawing more people to join and actively play FTP would further dilute this. Do we think adding more nations would help attract more folks to FTP?

Maybe we should be brainstorming marketing tactics to boost FTP's player base? I'd be curious to see a table of the game's user numbers over time, and compare any past efforts to market or publicize the game.

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:32 pm

If there is a youth cup I would like to see it a bit different to the MKMC.

Perhaps a national qualifier, so every country has a knockout cup and then after a certain round they all merge together or something like that.

Not because anything is wrong with the MKMC format, just to make it a bit different.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

berksowl

Post by berksowl » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:09 am

Madcarrot wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:32 pm
Perhaps a national qualifier, so every country has a knockout cup and then after a certain round they all merge together or something like that.
I could get behind that! :thumbsup

antikato

Post by antikato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:36 pm

I am pro Youth Cup and anti First Class (unless it can be played in a day)

Came here to ask if weekly rating improvement could be shown alongside total rating.
With four teams it's impossible to track oneself and would be illuminating.

Srini1593

Post by Srini1593 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:31 pm

Hi
This suggestion is for Rules page..
While reading out the entire rules.. found out that Youth Team related stuff like match takings and something like are in small font size..Though Youth matches are slightly in lesser light for supporters..but for many that would pressure the eyes while reading. Pls do the needful..