election nominations

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
boscorp

election nominations

Post by boscorp » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 am

International management is highly regarded and i think eligibility for nominations should be a bit different to the current system.
At present if you have a couple of your pets, friends or family members signed up to vote for you then you are likely to have success in an election.
I think a different sort of nomination process would be better.
Perhaps having reached a certain division or title before nominating or also including auto nominations. extra vote for those that have played 6 seasons or more. Or something better.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

boscorp

Re: election nominations

Post by boscorp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 am

Only 7 of 18 positions contested in an election is a good indicator that something needs to change.
Surely someone has some ideas that will lmprove the current elections and motivate more people to both nominate and vote.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 pm

boscorp wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 am
Only 7 of 18 positions contested in an election is a good indicator that something needs to change.
Surely someone has some ideas that will lmprove the current elections and motivate more people to both nominate and vote.
Winning a contested election without responding to any questions is another good indicator that something is amiss with the elections.
Perhaps having some votes count as 5 and others as 1 needs updating or maybe even changed to one manager one vote. All equal.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Maybe 5 is too much bt it needs to stay in to stop a group of people banding together just to take over
Also in my experience very few elections are won based on the 5 votes, most winners also have the more voters vote for them too
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm
Maybe 5 is too much bt it needs to stay in to stop a group of people banding together just to take over
Also in my experience very few elections are won based on the 5 votes, most winners also have the more voters vote for them too
I think it makes it easier for a small group to take hold. Even a small trio including a pet canary with an account can produce up to 15 votes for their electorate.
We generally don't get to see the numbers from voting let alone the break up of how many votes counted as 1 and how many counted as 5. I think the ratio could do with an adjustment or something to ensure there's at least 2 nominations per country. It's like managers are wary of nominating.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 am

They are, in the past a newbie would be crucified for daring to run.
We have been encouraging current manager to take on a newbie and help them thru the learning process so they get a better chance to do the job themselves. Having a better system for leagues will help and they will come soon. WHo wants to take on a side who have languishing in div 3 with small player pools to work with
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member