Sports Psychologist/Motivational speaker

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
boscorp

Sports Psychologist/Motivational speaker

Post by boscorp » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:00 pm

How about introducing one who is available for all clubs to make use of for one match per season. They could have an impact similar to the equivalent a one level form boost accross the whole team for one game excluding international games.
I can imagine my club using one either for when i have my best players away on tour or if i have an important match that my players need to give their all in.
I think it'd be a handy tacic to have available even if it meant having your players ending the match more fatigued than normal.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

Madcarrot

Re: Sports Psychologist/Motivational speaker

Post by Madcarrot » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:42 am

I don't know about that, but I think having a staff member that boosts the effect that strong performances has on form or lessens the impact that poor performances have on form.

JarlOlaf

Post by JarlOlaf » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 pm

Madcarrot wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:42 am
I don't know about that, but I think having a staff member that boosts the effect that strong performances has on form or lessens the impact that poor performances have on form.
I agree.
A way to make this interesting would be to have the option of "retiring" a player to "staff member". If managers have a favorite high experience, highly skilled, 30+ that is of no use to them they could make the player of use for their team in some way (or they could just buy one to turn into staff). We all know people who like to keep an "old guy" around and this could be just the place for him. :)

This, like almost everything else, would give all top tier teams a boon, however beginners and lower level managers could use this as a cost/reward exercise a bit depending on how it was coded. One would think Experience would be the biggest factor, but primary skills too. That means managers would have to think about when to turn a player into staff before his primaries plop down too far too. And, there is nothing stoping anyone from using a 16 year old either (maybe this could make form worse?).

In a "spreadsheet war game" I worked on, this worked well for "farming" officers for leadership positions and the like and added another aspect of strategy. FTP is ripe for this type of system on a number of things.
Club Link: Pembina Norseman in New Zealand, Est. S45

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:23 pm

yeah nah, I am trying to suggest something to benefit all players in a team as a team. Similar to real life when a side has an important upcoming match and management prepare the players so that they remain switched on for the whole match more so than usual.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current