Supporter happiness

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
Madcarrot

Supporter happiness

Post by Madcarrot » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:00 am

To be honest I'm not sure how it currently works.

However I thought it would be cool for your supporters to give you their expectations at the beginning of the season.

They could look at your league league say we expect a top 2 finish, we expect to finish in the top half, we expect you to beat relegation etc.

With the cup it could be we expect rd3 minimum for example.

Your fans will be happy if you meet their expectations, they will be sad if you don't.

I'm not at that level yet, but I know that people avoid promotion as they are afraid of the financial implications of relegating, so supporters might have a bit more sympathy for that kind of thing, it also discourages teams from throwing matches in the cup.

RonnieG

Re: Supporter happiness

Post by RonnieG » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:11 am

Madcarrot wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:00 am
To be honest I'm not sure how it currently works.

However I thought it would be cool for your supporters to give you their expectations at the beginning of the season.

They could look at your league league say we expect a top 2 finish, we expect to finish in the top half, we expect you to beat relegation etc.

With the cup it could be we expect rd3 minimum for example.

Your fans will be happy if you meet their expectations, they will be sad if you don't.

I'm not at that level yet, but I know that people avoid promotion as they are afraid of the financial implications of relegating, so supporters might have a bit more sympathy for that kind of thing, it also discourages teams from throwing matches in the cup.

How would expectations be set?

Last seasons finish?

There has been some chat about mood being reset at end of season which imo could be changed to reflect a side promoting or relegating
Scotland Manager.

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:48 pm

It could be as simple as comparing the current rankings at the time of EOS.
It could be based off the "suggested line-up" option and comparing the ratings of each team that way
It could be based off the previous season.

Personally I would prefer not to have it reset for anyone

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 pm

Problem with not resetting is teams who bet up on bots in div 5 start much higher than a team battling in div 1-2 finishing mid tbl
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:37 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 pm
Problem with not resetting is teams who bet up on bots in div 5 start much higher than a team battling in div 1-2 finishing mid tbl
Maybe could just half the form increase against teams who are bots?
Probably a different conversation to the OP though.

Klauts

Post by Klauts » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:05 am

Madcarrot wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:37 am
GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 pm
Maybe could just half the form increase against teams who are bots?
Probably a different conversation to the OP though.
I would have thought the problem is the mid table div 4 teams disadvantaged by the artificially inflated div 5 teams, not so much the div 1/2 teams? Or are we purely talking about mkmc?

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:09 pm

I think I got mixed up by bringing up form.

Supporter mood shouldn't give anyone an unfair advantage if it carries over from season to season surely

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 pm

It affects gates though, so a side that had a bad season while in rebuild mode starts the new season with lower gate takings to those in his division, even if that side has bought player’s and is now ahead of the others in that division and dominating, the first few games are heavily affected and gate takings would be down
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:03 am

TM-Cyrus wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 pm
It affects gates though, so a side that had a bad season while in rebuild mode starts the new season with lower gate takings to those in his division, even if that side has bought player’s and is now ahead of the others in that division and dominating, the first few games are heavily affected and gate takings would be down
Price of rebuilding
Scotland Manager.

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:53 am

TM-Cyrus wrote:
So your supporters give you their expectations ahead of the season, it could be vague.
Challenging for promotion
Top half
Avoiding relegation
Relegating

If they expect you to challenge for promotion and you relegate then sure your supporters should be rightly devastated, and if that carries over to next season then so be it, but if your supporters are expecting you to relegate, and you have a really bad season and relegate, then your supporters should be disappointed but not too bad because they knew you would struggle anyway.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:05 am

I think we will look at this but will be small bonuses or losses for prev season

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:23 pm

RonnieG wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:03 am
TM-Cyrus wrote:
Price of rebuilding
Totally understand that, I was simply answering this question
Madcarrot wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:09 pm
Supporter mood shouldn't give anyone an unfair advantage if it carries over from season to season surely
So yes it would, if you won division 2 both formats and you take an extremely happy supporter base into the next season, because you went undefeated, you will have an advantage over the division 1 side that finished 6th both formats and only won 3-4 games for the season, because there supporters aren’t happy from the previous season, there gates would be down, and the team that promoted from div 2’s gate would be up, even if the newly promoted team rates 10-20k lower than every other div 1 team the first few games they will have an advantage revenue wise.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 pm

I think some of us are over estimating what 1 level gives

Madcarrot

Post by Madcarrot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am

TM-Cyrus wrote:
So yes it would, if you won division 2 both formats and you take an extremely happy supporter base into the next season, because you went undefeated, you will have an advantage over the division 1 side that finished 6th both formats and only won 3-4 games for the season, because there supporters aren’t happy from the previous season, there gates would be down, and the team that promoted from div 2’s gate would be up, even if the newly promoted team rates 10-20k lower than every other div 1 team the first few games they will have an advantage revenue wise.
But it would balance out again, the team that demoted from div1 should be very strong in div 2 and so support should come back.
And if your fans expect you to struggle in the season and you demote, your fans will be more forgiving than if they expect you to top the table and you demote.

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 am

How about the flipside with a team that struggled and ended up with a poor mood? Gonna start them with a punishment from the get go?
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.