Forum integration

Messages from the From the Pavilion team
FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Forum integration

Post by FTP-ashario » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:10 am

In the next couple of weeks, I will be combining the forum login and game login so all managers only have to remember one username and password. This should also stop the 30 or so spam accounts I have to manually remove each day (yay!).

All managers who are registered in the game and don't yet have a forum account will be allocated one. Changing your password in the game will also change your forum password.

When I implement the forum integration, I'll do my best to match up all existing forum accounts with their FTP game account. With this in mind, I ask everyone to check that their forum username and email address match their FTP username and email address, as this is how I will be trying to match FTP accounts and forum accounts.

If it is only your email address that is different, please pick one address and make sure your FTP and forum email addresses are the same.

If you have signed up on the forums using a different username to your FTP username, please send me a PM in the forums, let me know your FTP username and I'll manually update your forum username to match.

When the forum integration occurs, any forum accounts without a matching FTP username/email address will be deleted.

Thanks, and please post in the game forums if you have any comments.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Yet to receive a message regarding this so I'll assume everyone is signed up to the forums using the same username and email address as they use in the game.

On another note, I'll be upgrading the forums to phpbb3 over the next couple of days, so if they become unavailable it is because I'm probably in the middle of the upgrade :)