Covid 19

Messages from the From the Pavilion team
MD-Summit
MOD

Covid 19

Post by MD-Summit » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am

As the national & international response to Covid 19 ramps up we at fromthepavilion.org wish to take the opportunity to recognise the impacts this is having not only on the physical health & economic health, but also the possible mental health of the members of our community.

fromthepavilion.org has safeguards in place to ensure the game will continue. Luckily these were implemented at previous EOS changes in the event of a sudden emergency occurring.*self high five

As far as we are aware none of the FTP board or community leaders have been exposed to the virus. AS well as this, FTP is run completely remotely from various locations (Adelaide, Melbourne, the UK just to name a few). Crowfan and myself are the two that are closest to each other (same city) so we will ensure we do not catch up for any cuddles!

In relation to the economic climate that the world is beginning to face please be aware FTP will be fine and self sufficient. We will be here, do not doubt this for one second!

But the big focus is on physical and mental health!

Physical Health:
Wash your hands, adhere to social distancing and lock down requirements.
As well as this, if your coming out of the pavilion, remember to wash down your balls, bats & stumps before the beginning of play.
If not for yourself then at least for your parents, grandparents, partners family with health complications..... my good mate that is room ridden with Cystic Fibrosis!

Mental Health:
We are here! If anybody ever needs a chat we are here!
The FTP board are all big advocates for mental health!
Talk, communicate, open up. No sentence is too big, no statement is too small. If you are upset, if you are facing financial uncertainty, if you are having confusion about what is right and what is wrong. Talk!

Every person and/or country has their own source of news so I wont link in all Options. The one I will link in however is beyond blue.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/

If you are feeling down and out, please make sure you talk. We are a community and we are here to help each other through these tough times!

Regards, The Management Team
Managing Director

Current Pakistan Division 1 SOD Champion!