S57-58 Changes

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
boscorp

Re: S57-58 Changes

Post by boscorp » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:19 pm

Perry8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:10 am
I was running at a loss in Div4 with a team barely capable of competing at Div3 level and only a Lavish academy. Being in Div3 has made all the difference for my team from a financial aspect. I would be in dire straits if I hadn't escaped the bots.

It was essential to make it out of Div4 in order to make the team financially viable. I would oppose anyone suggesting staying in Div4 for the long-term would be a good move for financial purposes.
Why have a Lavish academy if you want to promote quickly? You need money if you want a 220K+ side and also a high academy. I could only afford to invest in a reasonable academy and maintain a 240k competitive side in div1. In order for me to progress my academy i've had to demote to a lower league.
Build the supporters up for your club, get finances in order, try and plan more than one season ahead and you should have your club in order quickly.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

Perry8

Post by Perry8 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:21 pm

Guys, I'm not a new player here. I've played FTP on and off for 15-years and I'm in the HoF for Battrick after becoming No.1 in the world. I'm not requesting feedback on what I personally could do differently. What I am trying to elucidate is the separation in difficulty levels between playing a bunch of bots, running an inferior academy, etc... all these negatives, and then jumping into the next single Div up and being totally non-competitive and providing my personal, honest feedback on an issue I see with the game. Which is what I thought a thread entitled "S57-58 changes" might be appropriate to post in. I see that as something that probably requires attention and potentially changes implemented. That's all.

I'm not looking for financial advice. I made the decisions I did, correctly I might add, knowing that running at a loss last season would enable me to promote and become profitable this season. I'm not sure what the confusion is. But to your points, if I was to be "patient" and murder a bunch of bots for 9-months IRL, then I agree, not only would my decisions last season be unsustainable financially but would also cause new players to leave the game - which is the entire point I'm trying to make. Happy to explain more if this is still opaque in it's description.

AttyAttwood

Post by AttyAttwood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:57 pm

It would be great to add the ability to top up your squad with CENSORED players free of charge. Like really bad, youth academy style top ups.

I've just moved countries due to the need to reset my financials and start fresh. Problem is I have borderline minimum squad size, am massively over rated for the bot filled comp, and now in a position where the only way i can move on some players is if i wait for the youths to age out so i can retire some high wage players.

Almost the Ability to retire players when on the minimum squad size, but it keeps the minimum by adding a top-up spud.

Otherwise you get trapped in a cycle of sinking further into debt unable to lower squad wages.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:58 am

Perry8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:21 pm
Guys, I'm not a new player here. I've played FTP on and off for 15-years and I'm in the HoF for Battrick after becoming No.1 in the world. I'm not requesting feedback on what I personally could do differently. What I am trying to elucidate is the separation in difficulty levels between playing a bunch of bots, running an inferior academy, etc... all these negatives, and then jumping into the next single Div up and being totally non-competitive and providing my personal, honest feedback on an issue I see with the game. Which is what I thought a thread entitled "S57-58 changes" might be appropriate to post in. I see that as something that probably requires attention and potentially changes implemented. That's all.

I'm not looking for financial advice. I made the decisions I did, correctly I might add, knowing that running at a loss last season would enable me to promote and become profitable this season. I'm not sure what the confusion is. But to your points, if I was to be "patient" and murder a bunch of bots for 9-months IRL, then I agree, not only would my decisions last season be unsustainable financially but would also cause new players to leave the game - which is the entire point I'm trying to make. Happy to explain more if this is still opaque in it's description.
I wasn't trying to give you advice just show that it is easy to survive and make money to build a side capable of competing.
It is just trying to impart that knowledge on to newbies and having them listen
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Perry8

Post by Perry8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:12 am

Understood. But the guy that literally runs the game probably isn't the recommended standard measure on what newbies can do starting out in this game. I'm into like my 15th season with this side, and if I'm observing a difficulty barrier, imagine a rookie. That's the point I'm making.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:12 am

And I agree with you, its why i said my experience helps and its just a matter of trying to pass that on

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:52 am

I'm pretty sure there isn't many newbies in div4 trying to maintain a lavish academy which is 150k a week. That along with some other concessions (something to do with minimum wages i think) makes it a bit financially easier for the new player in their first season while they get their feet and decide on the strategy they wish to follow for their side be it saving money for an academy to train their own players, promote asap, go homegrown, youth orientated or some other vision that i haven't mentioned.
If a new player started off in a league trying to compete against an established side i think the best advice would be to not waste your money trying to desperately promote and to instead aim for 2nd place and save as much as possible to then build a stronger side for the following season. There is plenty of money to be saved that way.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

Srini1593

Post by Srini1593 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:11 am

I wouldn't mind losing as well for a season.. To get hold of the things(which i am currently doing) if I win fine..if not ok..Though have bought some good players for both my clubs.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:27 am

Especially now without div 5, trying to win but not at all costs

CyrilWashbrook

Post by CyrilWashbrook » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:00 am

With the new icons on the club page, the execution seems a bit off.

If you are going to go with a flat circle look, it is not clear why you would then go in a different direction for the commentary icon. That icon is also a bit difficult to make out.

For the match replay, it is not clear why you would choose the universal symbol for skipping forward or skipping to the end, which seems to contradict what that function actually does: i.e. enabling you to replay the match in "real time".

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:29 am

yeah the microphone is not quite there but i do like it

The reason for the FF symbol is my experience with the replay function is many watch it on fast forward and not at the normal speed
We did consider the circle with an arrow like the reload button on websites but the one implemented was chosen

We will see what others say in coming days but thanks for the feedback

MightyMasher

Post by MightyMasher » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:10 am

Judging by the opening commentary remarks I'm in no doubt that "the stage is set" - I've been told 4 times !

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:19 am

for the same game ?
I read them a few times and didnt pick that up

MightyMasher

Post by MightyMasher » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Yup for the same game….

A full house of 8,000 has converged at Grey Caps CG today, setting the stage for the Matt Krevs Memorial Cup match between Grey Caps and Minor Mashervania with a buzz of anticipation in the air.

The stage is set and the forecast expects Sunny weather, with the groundsmen crafting a Green pitch in preparation for the showdown. Excitement is in the air as conditions align for an intriguing battle.Conditions look good for the seam bowlers
van der Laan called tails but luck slipped away, and the toss was lost. Williams takes a thoughtful pause before opting to bat first. The stage is set, and Grey Caps will soon step into the spotlight to commence their innings.

The Crypt-Kicker Five have gathered in decent numbers and are already serenading the atmosphere with clever tunes, injecting a dash of wit thats bound to resonate with their team and perhaps ruffle the feathers of the home crowd. The stage is set for a playful exchange of banter, adding an extra layer of intrigue to the unfolding events.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:19 pm

thanks a quick tweak and we will be fine. My reading is clearly not up to scratch lol