Season 43 updates and issues

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Season 43 updates and issues

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 am

So YT20 started off well last night but also a few things have come to light

Sponsorship and ticket prices were set incorrectly, they were set at the initial testing level which proved to be too high and were adjusted, Now some idiot (me) loaded the old table into the database rather than the updated one so the numbers were incorrect. You will notice a 5k difference in your sponsorship from last week to this week, this weeks number is correct and will be what you receive for the rest of the season. Ticket prices only came up when the games were run and now that all of the firt round is complete they will be adjusted down so you will see less gate takings next week.
ok this is all set now, sponsorship and ticket prices are correct and the same for all divs

Supporter mood update runs on Mondays 7 hours after your games start so half the teams, those who lost, dropped ever so slightly to content. Now this does not mean you lost a whole level, you literally dropped just below jovial which means the tag changes. We will fix the mood so it calculates just before the YT20 each week.
Supporter mood runs an hour before YT20, which is 30 mins before game is calculated

Supporter numbers are dropping due to the new comp being the lowest drawing comp. The game calculates the avg of the 4 comps max supporters in the db and sets that number as a soft cap and the calc drives off that. Now I know in real life a new cop would drag in new supporters but we have to be mindful of the financial implications and not just give money away.
I do have the original number of supporters for each team and we will review in a month and again a month after that to ensure it is disadvantaging the average team. It is a fine balance and we are tryig to be fair. The average team will gain 160k in sponsorship and 90-100k in gate takings for the season. if the supporters leaving costs even 50k which would be extreme then they would still be well in front.
I went and had a rethink with my math hat on and come up with a way to make this better.
I have changed all the numbers so the average of the divisions prior to the new ones is relatively the same as with the new leagues added. So effectively increasing all the numbers so things are close. 80% of teams are +-20 the others will see a slightly larger inc if they are lower down in all leagues, max is about 50. Its as fair as I can get it right now. In two seasons when we reset the YT20 numbers by division, we will re-look at it to make sure it is still reflective of the current averages

Friendlies are now available on Wednesdays if you haven't checked recently but the online managers page is yet to be updates. A lot of pages drive off the tables and update automatically, this one didn't. It is a little tricky and with it being the festive season, time is a little tight. We should have this one fixed shortly

Prizemoney in the manual is being updated as has a few of the other pages, just minorly at this stage and should be posted shortly. We will be doing more work on those over the next season or so to update and improve the information.

Schedule page has been updated with the changes and will be an ongoing thing to make sure we get it right for people to see what should happen when. If you see anything missing or incorrect than please let us know

Promotions and demotions for YT20 In the announcement we said it was 4 up and 8 down which was to cover the bots in the higher league. At the moment the lower tbls are set at 4 and 2. With the bot flush it will change a lot as the 32 teams in div 3 will demote to 4 before being replaced by the lower teams. I will post up a diagram shortly so people can get a better idea about how it all works.

Player History is not adding in the YT20 milestones and we are investigating. What has come to light in this one is the fact that the Youth Nat T20 hasn't been getting their milestones added for some time if not forever. I have gone back 10 seasons and can't find any so can only assume it has been a while. We are still investigating but this should be sorted shortly.
I noticed a lot of teams have had milestones added now o let us know if you still don't have any and more importantly if you don't get them again on Monday

If you have anything else relate to the changes the please ask here so I can update this first post for everyone to read and understand what is going on
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Asst
GarageTM Foundation Member

Cyrus

Re: Season 43 updates and issues

Post by Cyrus » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 am

Only problem I have is starting in div 4 YT20
Just thought you would of mirrored the youth divs
Eg div 1 start in div 1 div2 in div 2 ect, could end up with some very lopsided leagues for example my league I am # 1 in the world and the rest of my league is ranked 300+
Just seams a bit unfair for teams that low to have to face the best in the world.
Image Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S19
Manager of Schweedy Balls And Master Batting Skeletons

Bustergut

Post by Bustergut » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:20 am

Very sensible plan to monitor change in supporter numbers. My 2 teams used to drop ~2 supporters at the beginning of the season. Now they have both dropped 5 for 2 weeks. This can make a lot of difference to the overall change in supporter numbers given I have to get the supporter mood quite high to increase numbers. And the rate of increase is never +5.

At what level should the change in supporter numbers balance out? I'm thinking when hitting enthusiastic, the change for my teams should be around 0. That represents a big change from -5; are my expectations sensible?
Season 11 u19 World Cup Winner
Season 22 Windies Double Winners

FritsNL

Post by FritsNL » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 am

It is important we track the issues with supporters in general. My emphasis is on youth and mostly I lose my senior T20&SOD so I have almost no chance to get the lost supporters back. And I am not the only manager with this problem.

Let us monitor this season how things develop. All the new changes. If something does not work, the management of FTP can always repair it. But first let us see how things develop.

My team has the highest wages due to new rules. But that is part of the game. And a part is compensated by higher prizemoney and ticketsales of the new youth T20 comp.

And after many seasons almost No changes, I look forward to these new developments and how they will impact.
:clap :clap
Former U19 Manager UAE

almo

Post by almo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:57 pm

Minor one, that probably only affects the first game of a season - the youth players turning 20 (who are now still youths and not seniors) are still getting removed from the default team for youth fixtures.

BigB

Post by BigB » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:18 pm

Mick, first of all well done, secondly "Player History" is not updating, BUT more importantly, supporters are down 10(?) a bit harsh when you only had 5 (I jest, but disconcerting nevertheless)

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:01 pm

Cyrus wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 am
Only problem I have is starting in div 4 YT20
Just thought you would of mirrored the youth divs
Eg div 1 start in div 1 div2 in div 2 ect, could end up with some very lopsided leagues for example my league I am # 1 in the world and the rest of my league is ranked 300+
Just seams a bit unfair for teams that low to have to face the best in the world.
Ash was always agst gifting someone div 1 in these situations and I agree with him.
Basically the leagues were decided after promotion/demotion, 1 team each from div 1, 2 teams each from div 2 and 4 teams each from div 3 and 1 team each from div 4. The rest were placed similarly in div 5 and 6 if necessary. Unfortunately some of the smaller nations end up with a similar problem to you but we want teams to earn a div 1 title. Remember even though you are the best team in your league, 4 teams will promote so another 3 teams have a chance too.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:02 pm

Bustergut wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:20 am
Very sensible plan to monitor change in supporter numbers. My 2 teams used to drop ~2 supporters at the beginning of the season. Now they have both dropped 5 for 2 weeks. This can make a lot of difference to the overall change in supporter numbers given I have to get the supporter mood quite high to increase numbers. And the rate of increase is never +5.

At what level should the change in supporter numbers balance out? I'm thinking when hitting enthusiastic, the change for my teams should be around 0. That represents a big change from -5; are my expectations sensible?
I haven't done the calc to see but we are discussing the issue and just waiting on some more info

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:04 pm

almo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Minor one, that probably only affects the first game of a season - the youth players turning 20 (who are now still youths and not seniors) are still getting removed from the default team for youth fixtures.
That issue should be fixed, please let us know if that is still happening

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:09 pm

BigB wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:18 pm
Mick, first of all well done, secondly "Player History" is not updating, BUT more importantly, supporters are down 10(?) a bit harsh when you only had 5 (I jest, but disconcerting nevertheless)
Sorry I should have added player history to the first post which I will do shortly
In looking into this we did find another error which I can only assume has been around a long time
More in the first post

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:16 pm

I have added something about supporter numbers in green in the first post

BigB

Post by BigB » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:37 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:09 pm
BigB wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:18 pm
Sorry I should have added player history to the first post which I will do shortly
In looking into this we did find another error which I can only assume has been around a long time
More in the first post
All good thanks Mick, if I go to my Clubs Stats Centre, Career Averages, Match Type, select: "Youth Twenty20" is 2nd from bottom in and amongst all the friendlies, in the drop box. If it was failing to pick up a "field"?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 pm

yes we are aware of that, it drives off the order in the table and there was no room to squeeze yt20 in with the other league games. We will fix it in the near future

Hellbound81

Post by Hellbound81 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:24 pm

The menu option for the Matt Krevs Memorial Cup still reads Pavilion Cup.
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-41)

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Yes we are aware of a few links that still need updating
It also reads Pavilion Cup on your club page too