Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
MD-Summit
MOD

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by MD-Summit » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:04 am

Jfam4 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 am
Is there a forum for general questions and insights into different aspects of the game?
Exchanging of experience and opinions one might say?
:D
viewforum.php?f=4

viewforum.php?f=4

Are probably the best places to look
Managing Director

Current Pakistan Division 1 SOD Champion!

MD-Summit
MOD

Post by MD-Summit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 am
Any update on the games starting late?
Or more specific the commentary starting three minutes after stated times ?
Releasing cloud figures and scorecard at -15 minutes to game times is also part of the equation
Should be fixed now :thumbsup
Managing Director

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Any future plans on increasing the PC numbers again to include all the clubs? I know this as been briefly discussed before with maybe adding in bots to make up the numbers.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes it is being discussed and looking at our options
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

tonk6464

Post by tonk6464 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:28 am

Firstly, thanks Crowie and the new admin team for all the hard work you've done to keep this game running. Great work. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Would you consider a change to the NAT system that would allow players to be selected for NAT tours and be available to play for their clubs at the same time?

Having key players unavailable in NAT tour weeks is a significant challenge to club teams and it's getting harder to manage now as there don't seem to be nearly as many high quality older players on the market these days that can be brought in to replace touring NAT players. I know people can contact the NAT managers and request their players not be selected but I'm reluctant to do that as I don't want to deprive NAT managers of some of their best players. I would love to see NAT players be available for both club and country.

MD-Summit
MOD

Post by MD-Summit » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 am

tonk6464 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:28 am
Firstly, thanks Crowie and the new admin team for all the hard work you've done to keep this game running. Great work. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Would you consider a change to the NAT system that would allow players to be selected for NAT tours and be available to play for their clubs at the same time?

Having key players unavailable in NAT tour weeks is a significant challenge to club teams and it's getting harder to manage now as there don't seem to be nearly as many high quality older players on the market these days that can be brought in to replace touring NAT players. I know people can contact the NAT managers and request their players not be selected but I'm reluctant to do that as I don't want to deprive NAT managers of some of their best players. I would love to see NAT players be available for both club and country.
Something that can be discussed.
Managing Director

Kaidus

Post by Kaidus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:04 am

MD-Summit wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 am
tonk6464 wrote:

Nah, no thanks. Please leave it as it is otherwise in most 1.1's you'll have someone who doesn't play the game for years, just sits and collects cash, then buys a monster side and storms the leagues. The one advantage regular players who go homegrown/build a side up is that these type of teams can't storm the leagues cos they have three games where they have to take into account player unavailability. Take that away and you'll have the same teams winning everything, and other players getting demoralised as it becomes a "who has the most cash to buy the best" game.

tonk6464

Post by tonk6464 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:16 am

MD-Summit wrote:
tonk6464 wrote:

Thanks for considering it. :thumbsup

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:23 am

Kaidus wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:04 am
MD-Summit wrote:
tonk6464 wrote:

Nah, no thanks. Please leave it as it is otherwise in most 1.1's you'll have someone who doesn't play the game for years, just sits and collects cash, then buys a monster side and storms the leagues. The one advantage regular players who go homegrown/build a side up is that these type of teams can't storm the leagues cos they have three games where they have to take into account player unavailability. Take that away and you'll have the same teams winning everything, and other players getting demoralised as it becomes a "who has the most cash to buy the best" game.
As frustrating as it can be saying bye to a NAT player, I agree with Kaidus. It is one of the unique things about this game, and gives people a bit more of a crack of taking a title if they are gone. Rewards activity

tonk6464

Post by tonk6464 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 am

Kaidus wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:04 am
MD-Summit wrote:
tonk6464 wrote:

Someone who builds up a huge stack of cash can buy up a whole squad of great players (including very good non-NAT reserves) and dominate the leagues already under the current system.

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 am

Agree with Kaidus and AchmidG on this, happy with the system now and no need to change IMHO.

DangerDave

Post by DangerDave » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:26 am

tonk6464 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 am

Someone who builds up a huge stack of cash can buy up a whole squad of great players (including very good non-NAT reserves) and dominate the leagues already under the current system.
True but keeping a second team for the Nat weeks is very expensive..... unless you do the buy and sack the oldie routine. The 2 parts that need to be looked at (IMO) are:

1 Clubs going dormant and or youth farming and gaining lots of cash to then buy a massive squad; and
2 Buying and sacking oldies - set a minimum transfer fee of the player's wage will stop this practice.

The former is by far the biggest issue as it rewards players who don't play the game.

Dave
Image Kenyan Senior OD WC Winner Season 23 and Senior T20 WC Winner Season 30