Visualising transfer market data

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
Bottybot

Re: Visualising transfer market data

Post by Bottybot » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:06 am

For anyone interested, here is some of the raw data I've collected of 3777 players: https://github.com/GeorgeTownsendd/ftpa ... -09mar.csv

'-1' in the Price column indicate the player did not sell.

The skill columns are numbers converted from the normal atrocious (1) - legendary (17) hierarchy. Not super readable in this state but can easly be sorted by column in excel etc. and be used to lookup certain player IDs.

The updated code is also available here https://github.com/GeorgeTownsendd/ftpa ... /webserver

Bottybot

Post by Bottybot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:57 am

Everything is looking good in terms of Season 44 prep, with almost a month of uptime on the archiver. A couple of minor updates and changes to what data is saved from players transfer history, and to keeping team names up to date.

These changes, of course, pave the way for more graphs! These are based on all the data I have, which (as seen in the sales by day of year graph in one of my earlier posts) isn't continuous and has lots of gaps.

EDIT: Sales volume by team and purchase volume by team graphs have been updated on 26/03/2020. Any value over a million was originally counted as without the million! (e.g. 1,136,000 --> 136,000)

sales volume by team.png
purchase volume by team.png
total player purchases by team.png
Next for this is perhaps splitting the bars into color-coded segements for ages?

Special mention to Miss Lanka’s Pet Lions, who left me scratching my head as to why their team broke my program / regular expressions... 'right single quotation mark' isn't an apostrophe! https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicod ... /index.htm vs https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicod ... /index.htm

And an extra special mention to Allmänna Idrottsklubben and their diaeresis, who evaded capture entirely and is referenced by their team ID in the second graph instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bottybot on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bottybot

Post by Bottybot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:58 am

total player sales by team.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GA-Jim
MOD

Post by GA-Jim » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 am

Great work :thumbsup

Will be very interesting to see after a week into next season
Herosnzeros Titles: T20: S35
Crazy Horses Titles: YOD: S29. Pavilion cup S39
NZ U19s NM S26-29 AM 24-25. Scottish NM 33-34 37-, AM 30-32 35-36

Bottybot

Post by Bottybot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:46 am

Ahoy! I'm back, once again, with graphs that will be a whole lot more useful with a seasons worth of data...

Here's my current sales per day data from season 43. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there were initally lots of failures in the archiver that meant I missed transfers, sometimes for days at a time.
sales by day.png
Because of the missed transfers, the next graphs only mark data from weeks which have complete (or close to complete) archives. The first shows the weekly sales volume for each age group, and the second shows only the age groups with the highest cumulative sales volume to make for easier viewing. The dotted lines highlight the datapoints, which are the total sales volume for that age group for the previous week.

EDIT: Sales volume by team and purchase volume by team graphs have been updated on 26/03/2020. Any value over a million was originally counted as without the million! (e.g. 1,136,000 --> 136,000)

EDIT 2: Updated the colors for each agegroup to match that of later posts to avoid confusion.
sales volume all w12.png
sales volume top 10 w12.png
Last edited by Bottybot on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bottybot

Post by Bottybot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 am

I just updated any graphs that made use of the final sales price of players. My process for downloading the final transfer price failed to take millions into account. (e.g. $1,130,560 counted as $130,560) Luckily most things remain similar, except the Boundary Boy's' massive 12mil in sales and the jump in 16 y/o weeky sales volume. There were 19 players in total in my data that sold for over a million, and 23.7mil in total missing from the data.
Last edited by Bottybot on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellbound81

Post by Hellbound81 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:03 am

This is extremely cool! Well done!

I think something is off with the colors though for the 2 graphs...

I think week 15 and week 1, even week 2, of the new season will be very interesting as 21yos are offloaded and managers want to fill both youth and senior teams with strong players to take on the new season with, particularly when it comes to competing in the MKM Cup.
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-41)

Bottybot

Post by Bottybot » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:18 am

Here's the sales volume by age graphs with data from the new week added.
sales volume all w13.png
sales volume top 10 w13.png
Hellbound81 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:03 am
I think something is off with the colors though for the 2 graphs...
The colors should be consistent from now on!