Cricket Discussion - WC and Beyond

A place to discuss cricket, whether it be the golden duck you scored in 4th grade last weekend, or a discussion about international matches.
Maddin

Re: Cricket Discussion - WC and Beyond

Post by Maddin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:20 pm

NZ very strong at home, Jabs. And they're going to be even more determined to humiliate us this time. Revenge!

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm

I certainly agree that the Kiwis are anything but a pushover, despite not having a large pool of players to pick from they certainly make the most of what talent they have.

They never back down and are always up for a battle unlike some of our princesses!

Maddin

Post by Maddin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:55 pm

Is Sibley going to play? If he does and makes good scores maybe Jonny won't get back in! :think (because Ed's sure to stick by Denly whatever happens)

jabatito

Post by jabatito » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Oh dear not again the Nohit as opener dilemma, he may just play well enough at Vizag for people to get over the moon with yet another presumable aggressive opener. Once again, India looking for more intent in their batting innings, have I heard this before? :think
I hope is not Pujara and Rahane coming to the rescue as usual. Well, they do have a large pool of fantastic players but some roles within the batting lineup are not clear enough in my views. SA come to India without pressure, more to win rather than lose if subcontinent conditions stay as usual
Jabatito's First XI
Stagnation leaders since S30

MOD-vaibhav
MOD

Post by MOD-vaibhav » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 am

SA could have drawn it but Shami spell on 5th day made the difference. Rohit managed centuries in both innings but then real test is when we play away. Ashwin and Jadeja did what was expected of them.
WC winner Season 8-9(Manager), WC runner-up Season 6-7(Assistant) season 36 U20 WC winner
9 time SOD Champion, 6 time T20 Champion and 5 time Youth Champion
Season 4- PC runner-up and Season 8 Champion

MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:14 am

Guyana Amazon Warriors losing their 5th CPL final, went unbeaten the entire season but lost the all-important final.

Chris Jordan showing that he is a great fielder, the caught and bowled in the 2nd Qualifier was exceptional.

Some good prospects for West Indies certainly, Brandon King, Sherfane Rutherford, and Raymon Reifer some of the players that stood out among the younger guys.

Harry Gurney bowled some wonderful slower balls, batsmen had a tough time picking them.
ImageU-19 Assistant