Dear Aussies!

Feel free to talk about all sorts of things here.
wolfberries

Re: Dear Aussies!

Post by wolfberries » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:34 pm

It certainly does.

James018

Post by James018 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 am

The trouble is, people who claim "humans aren't responsible for global warming" (a claim that goes against facts and all rational science, whatever extremist websites may say) are inevitably pushing towards either "global warming doesn't exist" or "it might, but humans shouldn't be responsible for fixing it".

Both of those claims are just as untrue, and are extremely dangerous to our planet and human life if people believe them. That's why people get upset over this stuff.

These bushfires may or may not be caused by global warming, but it is unmitigatedly true that if global warming continues unchecked, similar and worse things will happen in the future.

But yes, that wasn't the original purpose of this topic. I am, at least, heartened by the community response (both national and international) to the bushfires. There's been a lot of support for those affected: I suppose that's the good side of human nature coming through.
Manager of the mighty North Eastern CC.

jabatito

Post by jabatito » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Cynic wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:21 pm
Does it seem like the spirit of the thread was replaced by people playing a blame game?
Smells like teen spirit, true, great song from Nirvana. Although as many mentioned within this topic already, the fires may well not be directly caused by the climate issue, to disregard the climate change effects on such fires would neither be sensible.
Still, the onus at present should be with the victims and Aussie population that has suffered/is suffering (and will suffer) the devastation effects. Dear Aussies, am sure the rest of the world is very concerned on what has happened to you, firstly because many can rightly think they may be next on the "list".

Therefore we should not let the issue go astray, because these sort of events are happening more than frequently in the latest decades and I am not a believer that it is just a coincidence. This is more to do with a global scale problem that requires true global action, I am afraid. It simply exceeds our way of life as individuals, it must be addressed on a global scale for more that every little we, on our own, can do about; it might help the cause, but is simply not enough as we may be getting too close to a point of no return
Jabatito's First XI
Stagnation leaders since S30

fgrenyu843

Post by fgrenyu843 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:29 pm

James018 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 am
These bushfires may or may not be caused by global warming, but it is unmitigatedly true that if global warming continues unchecked, similar and worse things will happen in the future.
The bush fires weren't caused directly by climate change but the extremity is a direct result of it.
It is frowned upon to make valid points about someone in a position on power that show them off in a negative light.

Season 28 T20 world Cup winner.

Leader of the New Zealand renaissance.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

fgrenyu843 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:29 pm
James018 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 am
The bush fires weren't caused directly by climate change but the extremity is a direct result of it.
:thumbsup
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member

Eggy6198

Post by Eggy6198 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:52 am

wolfie amazed we agree on most important issue of the age! This is why i voted Green this time round and if most of us used policy checker we all would. Thats the only power we have vote in Green parties.

The biggest issue is hyper -capilitism (cant spell we all know) google it

Thamos was right but birth rates massively increase after wars and viruses etc its not the long term answer

we need to change and we need leaders. The 20 to 30s I know its about the money those younger maybe not.

Other that turn TV off as I type on laptop and see all my power usage after driving around this morning, Give me afforable alternatives like free solar panels and cars that run on green engery. One major country takes the plunge and they can become the leaders.

Hope the fires have died down as news cycle has moved on
Note to self don't get wound up by strangers on the internet!
'those election results were poor judgement by those who voted'

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Lots of rain in recent time has helped the fires a lot
In actual fact we have had floods in some places now
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:36 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:34 pm
Yeah now I'm busy railing against some filthy thug and his parents bailing him out in court.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins USA.
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.
24 Sep 14 00:00 USA had a new owner as Cynic took control. <---------------- How?

jabatito

Post by jabatito » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:59 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:34 pm
By the way, I hope rains have not carried loads of ashes into the sea, for instance. When we have had big fires in Spain by the seaside, that kind of happened too and it poised some trouble afterwards in rivers, lagoons..... Of course, it is much better as fires extinguished but unfortunately there are other sort of issues thereafter which many times get overlooked simply because there is no fire anymore
Jabatito's First XI
Stagnation leaders since S30

MOD-beecee8
MOD

Post by MOD-beecee8 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:17 am

In happier news,

no need to hoist your Union Jack outside your official residence for the Duke of Epstein's 60th
Brother Beecee, Procurement and Special Technique
The names Peters, John Peters, of the famous O'Peters Clan
GarageTM Member