[Senior] Announcements

A place for players in Bangladesh to communicate.
Cynic

Re: [Senior] Announcements

Post by Cynic » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:15 pm

No one has any idea how annoyed I am right now ...
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am

Hai hai.

I'm going to spend a few hours tonight going through varying age groups and skill criteria to semi-finalise the squad before the first tour. I'm going to try and incorporate a mixture of age groups when appropriate but overall, the skills will be the main factors for selection.

It's going to be a lot of excel work but I'm used to that.

I'll post again when everything's done for the time being. Now, time for some Dire Straits.

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Hai hai.

I've had the list sorted since 12 hours ago but only just finalised the squad now.

Therefore, I present the current 30-man squad:

Batsmen
Mohammed Hafiz
Mark LeCras
Andrew Mcleod
Abhita Padmanabhan
Patty Dangerfield
Chris Knights
Kapil Ramchand
Buddu Sravan
Ayobahu Seshan
Shakib Al-Hasan
Tariq Kapali
Habibul Bashar

Seam bowlers
Abdur Razzak
Squirrel Boris-Hall
Amit Jaffer
Graeme Labrooy
Ali Matin
Beau Waters
Al Akib (AR)
Johnny Rotten
Vinay Shashtri
Topon Das (AR)

Spin bowlers
Kundam Manjanatha
Naimur Asghar
Snato Ghauro
Chris Masten
Kuladipaka Rupesh (AR)
Roshan Kholi

Keepers
Sajedul Aziz
Arun Naidu

As you can see, there is a large mix of mid-20s players whom I will monitor directly over the course of the next two seasons. The core group hasn't changed but as the 28yos in particular age, they will need to be replaced to allow the younger kids opportunities to break through.

I also have around 10 players outside this group whom I'm keeping an eye on so the squad could change from tour to tour.

Now I can focus on the friendly in 12 hours and the upcoming tour.

parvez

Post by parvez » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

The BD Nat squad and touring squad is not perfect at all in my opinion even I dont know much about the senior team. How is it possible that the BD U19 team is always among top 8 teams(on average) from last 8 seasons. But BD Nat team is that bad which ranking always moving around 12 to 18(on average), specially this season is doing too bad. I know current manager playing younger players but does it make any sense not to playing any 28y. Still I cant believe that Tubz didnt win the election and now we are facing this!!!
What about those accom/rel experienced 25y players doing here specially Imrul Hakim who even didnt play any U19 tour matches. What about Vinay Shastri?? Dont we hav any better FM(even more older)?? If not I would rather like to play a 20y medium bowler but make no sense to give him that valuable experience.
Ex Bangladesh U19 manager: [U19 OD WC]+[U19 T20 WC]+ [U19 D1 OD×3]+[U19 D1 T20×4]+[U19 OD WC Runner up]BD SPARK: SOD D1×1+ST20 D1×3+YOD D1×8+Y20 D1x1+
PC Runner up X2
Dhaka Metropolis:YOD D1×2+T20 D1×1

Turbz

Post by Turbz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 am

I too share the disappointment at how this season has progressed and the National team in general.
There have been 30 players used this season in tours (with 31 last season and 43 in the last 2) which seems excessive. It doesn't look like any direction is evident or any forward planning.
Most of the younger players have enough experience and should still be improving without National representation, so U22 players shouldn't really be considered and haven't. It appears the experience level plays a part rather than skill and age, as parvez mentions the middling players without much experience (low experience for a reason maybe??).
I would be surprised if more than 3 players in the current 25-27 age group (27-29 come World Cup time) is in the best touring squad come the end of next season (ie. WC). I'd almost question it at this point in time.
You would question the loyalty and support of the current management team and some of the club views that can be a hindrance and a detriment to the National team.

parvez

Post by parvez » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:55 am

I like to see Turbz is going for senior election in upcoming election , as I will be unavailable to participate there because of my U19 duty. Bangladesh senior team should be in good hand to start rebuilding from the roots. Massive bad management or wrong future planning had taken our all hard work what hav done in U19 level in last 10 seasons. If senior team is build by X-u19 team players than how is it possible thats our u19 team ranking average is within 6-10 from last 10 seasons and senior team ranking most of the time under 14 which makes no sense. Something wrong big time!!!! So Turbz plz you should do the senior election again. Proper planning will make the senior team like our U19 team within couple of seasons. As I dont see any alternative choice for the senior management post than you right now.
Ex Bangladesh U19 manager: [U19 OD WC]+[U19 T20 WC]+ [U19 D1 OD×3]+[U19 D1 T20×4]+[U19 OD WC Runner up]BD SPARK: SOD D1×1+ST20 D1×3+YOD D1×8+Y20 D1x1+
PC Runner up X2
Dhaka Metropolis:YOD D1×2+T20 D1×1

Turbz

Post by Turbz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I am considering it parvez, still almost another 3 months away.
It doesn't particularly help when the managers in charge have stronger affiliations elsewhere (or none at all as the case may be), come and go until the next one arrives.
The peak should be coming up to the end of this season or possibly next season.

Turbz

Post by Turbz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:27 am

Good start to the tour last night, my team could've won with a similar age and with 7 Bangladeshis. :)
(the use of an 'all-rounder' and spinners noted..)