INDIA National Team Discussion

A place for players in India to communicate.
vaibhav

Re: INDIA National Team Discussion

Post by vaibhav » Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Yeah their wk almost won it on his own. Good win.
WC winner Season 8-9(Manager), WC runner-up Season 6-7(Assistant) season 36 U20 WC winner
9 time SOD Champion, 6 time T20 Champion and 5 time Youth Champion
Season 4- PC runner-up and Season 8 Champion

Loser

Post by Loser » Sat May 26, 2018 6:33 am

Thanks Raghav.

Overall it was a very satisfactory series and happy to retain position in Div 1, considering that we had a lower rating than opponents in most of the matches.

vaibhav

Post by vaibhav » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 am

All the best.
WC winner Season 8-9(Manager), WC runner-up Season 6-7(Assistant) season 36 U20 WC winner
9 time SOD Champion, 6 time T20 Champion and 5 time Youth Champion
Season 4- PC runner-up and Season 8 Champion

samir

Post by samir » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Have asked this on the thread of all nationality players I'm holding ... Could someone update what's the minimum a player should be to be considered for NAT selection ?

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:19 am

samir wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:16 pm
Have asked this on the thread of all nationality players I'm holding ... Could someone update what's the minimum a player should be to be considered for NAT selection ?
Although there are some bare minimum requirements there is no strict criteria in ftp. First of all it depends if you are asking for seniors or youths. Secondly, criteria will change for different player types. We can be a bit flexible when it comes to allrounders, fast bowlers, wrist spinners or batsmen with special talents. But on an average most players selected for seniors should be above exceptional/exceptional primary talents with spectacular fielding. Exceptional endurance and power also preferred. However power is not a must for spinners. Instead of asking minimum requirements I think it is better to post your player details and the nat manager will be able to tell you how far he is from the nat side also looking at the players he has at his disposal.
Sanmath
Nat Manager
Last edited by sanmath85 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaushik

Post by Kaushik » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:28 am

samir wrote:
Its always depends on overall strength of the squad but to give you an idea of players to be considered for NAT:

Batting/Bowling - Exceptional
Tech - Exceptional
Fielding - Outstanding (Expert if its an All-rounder)
Endurance - Outstanding
Experience - Preferably above spectacular but if its a young player and has skills lower experience can be considered
Power depends on the player type - if its a batsmen it needs to be exceptional or at the very least spectacular. Fast bowlers and FMs should have atleast exceptional and power isnt a big deal for spinners.

For ARs, bowling needs to be atleast spectacular, batting accomplished and tech spectacular or above.

samir

Post by samir » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 am

The reason I ask is that there are many posts of "potential" NAT players, but never a clear cut minimum requirement of the team. I understand that requirements will always go up and down based on current teams, but there should be a minimum target a manager should be aware of what is required.

I don't know how scouting is done here, but I've never been approached for any player of my team. Had anyone been keeping tabs, then I'm sure there would've been a player or two of mine in the shortlist. Not all of us know about training times and pops. I currently have a youth player who's outstanding in bowling, but is losing out on other secondaries. This mistake will not be repeated on other players from now on. Hence the original question. Thanks to Kaushik for the base requirements !
sanmath85 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:19 am
samir wrote:
Although there are some bare minimum requirements there is no strict criteria in ftp. First of all it depends if you are asking for seniors or youths. Secondly, criteria will change for different player types. We can be a bit flexible when it comes to allrounders, fast bowlers, wrist spinners or batsmen with special talents. But on an average most players selected for seniors should be above exceptional/exceptional primary talents with spectacular fielding. Exceptional endurance and power also preferred. However power is not a must for spinners. Instead of asking minimum requirements I think it is better to post your player details and the nat manager will be able to tell you how far he is from the nat side also looking at the players he has at his disposal.
Sanmath
Nat Manager

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:03 am

samir wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 am
The reason I ask is that there are many posts of "potential" NAT players, but never a clear cut minimum requirement of the team. I understand that requirements will always go up and down based on current teams, but there should be a minimum target a manager should be aware of what is required.

I don't know how scouting is done here, but I've never been approached for any player of my team. Had anyone been keeping tabs, then I'm sure there would've been a player or two of mine in the shortlist. Not all of us know about training times and pops. I currently have a youth player who's outstanding in bowling, but is losing out on other secondaries. This mistake will not be repeated on other players from now on. Hence the original question. Thanks to Kaushik for the base requirements !
sanmath85 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:19 am
samir wrote:
Sanmath
Nat Manager
I understand your concern but unfortunately none of your senior players are even close to the national squad. I dont wan to sound rude but your training method needs to be changed if you are considering to train players for the nat setup. And we actually need managers like you who are showing a keen interest in training players for the nat setup. If you see most of your senior players are severely deficient in secondaries. Secondaries like fielding train faster when players are young, hence it is better if you aim to have reliable minimum fielding in your 20 year olds. Power and endurance training can wait till the player is 24 + year old. Technique gap, that is huge gap between primary skill and technique like in your player Panchal is something you must avoid.
Thanks for actively involving in the community and hope you can train future nats for us.