Lock the pitch 24 hours before a game?

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
adamada

Lock the pitch 24 hours before a game?

Post by adamada » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:30 pm

The weather forecast 26.5 hours before the game is correct even though the weather can change each day. I presume this is so managers only have to log in within 24 hours of the game to adjust their lineup for a weather change. Can this be true for pitches too? Unfortunately the way it is now - if I set my lineup based on the weather (that can't change) and pitch, say, 8 hours before the game, the pitch can still be changed by the home team before the match is played. I think this is pretty rubbish and means you have to log in to pick your team at specific times (i.e. between the final potential pitch change time and the match start) rather than within 24 hours of the start of the match, and this is the reason I'm moving to New Zealand next season. But a better solution would be to lock the pitch in a day in advance. I don't really see a downside - players would still choose their home pitch, and the tool to do so would be updated to still give them the correct (potentially changed by this suggestion) date by which each pitch would be ready for the game. Would this be possible?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Lock the pitch 24 hours before a game?

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:56 pm

We are reviewing the schedule at the moment at pitch is one of those under consideration
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member