Senior NAT Tour Payments Raised

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
jonooo

Senior NAT Tour Payments Raised

Post by jonooo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:15 am

I'd like to float the idea of Senior NAT tour payments to be raised to 35 or 40k.

My biggest gripe with the current 30k payment is say you have a 30k Waged Keeper with legendary experience going away on NAT duties you receive very little incentive for said player leaving your side for a week. No experience or financial gain above his wage is being brought back to the club. Compare that to say Youth payments where 15k far exceeds any players wage, so an increase of 5 or 10k of the Senior payments seem logical to me.

Maybe said player would have been better off staying in club land so you can use him for that all important SOD matchup against your rival? If the payment is raised to 35 or 40k you can at least say "Oh well I've made 5-10k off his touring away for the week." For sides with multiple NATs that extra cash flow soon adds up and feels a lot more worthwhile.

Thoughts?
S36 U19 NZ NAT Manager
S37-42 Senior NZ NAT Manager
S39 Senior OD World Cup Winner

Asterix

Re: Senior NAT Tour Payments Raised

Post by Asterix » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:41 am

Gets my vote.

Chrisgold

Post by Chrisgold » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 am

In real Life not all players gets paid the same. I would vote for a system where Comensation is based on his current wages.

Compensation being 1.5 or two times weekly wage but not less than a certain amount and not more than a certain amount.

It is also unrealistic that a player playing 4 games on tour be paid the same as a player only playing one. a system like this will help with that as your higher waged players will play more games in general.

I would also like to see small to medium bonusses for players involved in teams winning divisions and world cups.
As an example
Div3 R2500 per player
Div2 R5000 Per player
Div1 R7500 per player
Reaching World Cup Semifinals R5000 per Player
World Cup Runner Up R7500 per player
Winning World Cup R10 000 per player
This will atract additional interest in the national scene in touring weeks and also in election times as a good manager can be financialy benificial to you. It would also encourage you to Vote for National managers that impacts your personal squad the most.

I dont know if anything like this can or ever would be implemented but in my opinion it would transform the national scene and add to the games enjoyment factor.

MOD-DanAndrew
MOD

Post by MOD-DanAndrew » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:46 am

Chrisgold wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 am
In real Life not all players gets paid the same. I would vote for a system where Comensation is based on his current wages.

Compensation being 1.5 or two times weekly wage but not less than a certain amount and not more than a certain amount.

It is also unrealistic that a player playing 4 games on tour be paid the same as a player only playing one. a system like this will help with that as your higher waged players will play more games in general.

I would also like to see small to medium bonusses for players involved in teams winning divisions and world cups.
As an example
Div3 R2500 per player
Div2 R5000 Per player
Div1 R7500 per player
This will atract additional interest in the national scene in touring weeks and also in election times as a good manager can be financialy benificial to you. It would also encourage you to Vote for National managers that impacts your personal squad the most.

I dont know if anything like this can or ever would be implemented but in my opinion it would transform the national scene and add to the games enjoyment factor.
:thumbsup
Image Badsey CC
Image Affiliatey McAffiliateface
Image Netherlands Nat Manager. Former U19 Manager.

blain

Post by blain » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:06 am

A few seasons ago I had about 5-7 International players, it buggered my squad. You need to have replacement players in your squad ready to go, so a bigger squad. The financial "benefit" isn't enough for it to be worth it for me ATM.

What would be cool IMO is your wages are covered by the National side on tour weeks, and you get rewarded $$ based on the players performance. That would get people more interested in Nats. Something like $100/run, $3000 per wicket, $1000 per catch.
TTTHG

jonooo

Post by jonooo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:50 am

Chrisgold wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 am

As an example
Div3 R2500 per player
Div2 R5000 Per player
Div1 R7500 per player

Well done mate, this concept is definitely better than mine long term. Maybe just up the compensation this season and get to something like this down the track when the team have time to implement it?
S36 U19 NZ NAT Manager
S37-42 Senior NZ NAT Manager
S39 Senior OD World Cup Winner

basto111

Post by basto111 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:16 am

Has it ever been looked into to bring in a type of 'central contract' system,

Essentially each nat manager each season can centrally contract 12-16 players where their wages get paid in full for the season by the national team not the club, but when those players tour the team do not recieve the compensation package,

If your player tours and is not centrally contracted then you recieve a compensation package based on his wage,

Not sure if it would create unfairness or if it is even possible, just thought it might be a way to increase interest in Nats and creating Nat players without getting punished, should be rewarded really
Kenya NAT Assistant Season 28- 32
WC T/20 winner season 29 (as Assistant )
NAT u/19 MANAGER season 32- 34 + Season 36- 38
Nat U/19 Assistant - Season 34-36